Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
help please
741 Posts
Hi cajd, we operate a live system, so price you see and pay will not change. Our system will process your payment and then make the booking with our providers, you should get confirmation within a few minutes all being well. It is same process if you book online or by phone.

You will be emailed an accommodation voucher for certain, and flight tickets will be either emailed immediately, or several days later if the provider has to send them to us.

If we call you to ask for more money, then post here and I will try and explain why. It is quite rare though. I hope these aren't famous last words!

Regards Steve
hi thanks
it's just that we have a budget and the holiday we are looking at is at top end
so this is my worry
you know how it is you start out with a budget and you end up stretching cause something catches your eye
1) have the resort fee waived if this is possible.
2) refund my credit card the sterling equivalent of this fee. (going by a tourist exchange rate of $1.50 to the £1, I would expect a refund of £177.33)
3) change our hotel booking to four points by Sheraton on international drive, which is also listed as not having a resort fee and is actually the hotel we would have booked had the correct information been provided about coco key.

I've never been to Florida and hence unsure what the problem is. Are you saying that in addition to the original price quoted you have been charged these resort fees? Or are you saying that you are concerned that you will have to pay these when you arrive at the hotel in addition to what you;ve already paid and this wasn't made clear at the time of booking? If this is the case then I can see why you are feeling miffed and wanting to get this sorted out ASAP.

But if you are saying that you have now discovered that the price you were quoted and have paid looks as if it is inclusive of these resort fees and want them re-imbursed because you don't intend using the facilities that these enable you to access, then I don't think that there is necessarily that much you can do about something that is part of an inclusive price. Presumably you thought that the price quoted was a reasonable one for you were looking forward too? It hasn't stopped being a good price just because it includes more than you realised. This is a bit like finding that you've been booked in for Full Board for the same price as is usually charged for Half Board and then expecting a refund for the lunches that you never wanted. If this is the case then I doubt that there is much that will be done about it - I suspect that the hotel might well respond that you;ve been charged their daily rate that now includes at no extra cost what was usually charged for via the $19 pr day resort fee.

SM
This reminds me I havent got an answer yet! Will chase them today. Suspect once we know answer to question it will be easier to sort out a potential problem. When I emailed our Account Manager she said that Resort Fees are usually advised in our electronic exchanges to obtain prices and make bookings, but they werent here. But as cajd says, this looks like a Resort Fee estanblishemnt so best find out for sure if they are included in the cost quoted and paid here.

Steve
We have an answer for Gary Stewart's resort fee query in Florida. The provider has confirmed that the rate Mr Stewart has booked at includes any resort fees/charges, so he wont be charged the additional $19/day.

Our Customer Service Team has replied to the Customer Service Request I created on Mr Stewarts booking confirming this. I have also pasted the email from the provider's Account Manager, into Mr Stewarts booking, confirming the same. So we all have a good record of question asked and answers given. Not wishing to pre-empt a problem, but let's get bases covered!

Steve
Given that he hasn't been back, I'm assuming that Gary Stewart is happy with what steved has been able to do to reslove his problem for him but wouldn't it have been nice (and courteous!) of him to have come back onto the board and say so?

SM
Hi,

I booked a holiday with travel republic/goldtrail, went they went bust i sent off all the relevant forms within a week,
had confirmation 31st aug 2010 to say it was being processed, since then i have heard nothing.
We have rang several times to CAA, the last time 12th nov they said it was being passed on to be processed !!
Rang again today and left a message(automated message) said they would get back within 72hrs,
has anyone else booked through Travel Rep/Goldtrail if so has anyone heard any further developments getting
very frustrated.

post merged into Travel republic thread, one info can be found by reading back through the last few pages you will also find a special e-mail for travel republic [this forum is also monitord by steved1 a TR employee]

wizard
Hi Val, I think I have found your booking, will send you a PM to confirm. In meantime will get someone to chase the CAA. They only really started paying out our claims a couple of weeks ago, although they had them processed and ready to pay quite a while back.
Just wanted to say thumbs up for travel republic,had to change my accommodation dates from may to september which was complicated because I had another couple on the booking who still wanted to go in may.
Travel republic sorted it for me without any fuss and I am really grateful so I say credit where credit due.
jeanie
Ive booked my hotel in Tunisia with Travel Republic as I've done in the past, but notice that their phone number for 'resort office contact details' is in Spain! Whilst I'm not anticipating any problems, and Tunisia is almost my second home, I wonder what would happen if I did need assistance! I can imagine some very frustrating (and expensive) phone calls ensuing! :roll:
Hi Aslemma, I will send you a private message so you can reply to me with your booking ref so I can investigate. It coudl be the accommodation provider for your booking has better coverage out of hours in their home countyr, which I am guessing may be Spain. Let me check though and I will get the full story for you.

Steve
Thanks Steve. I've replied to your PM. TR isn't the only company using a Spanish company and I think it goes back to Jumbo Tours, who are the accommodation provider. The problem would still remain though of getting quick assistance in Tunisia from someone in Spain, whether in or out of hours.
Hi Aslemma, you are right, your accommodation provider is Jumbo Tours, who are Spanish. If this number isnt manned, you can call Travelrepublic from 0800-2200 local UK time, 7 days a week, and we will have a member of our In Resort team assist you. The number is on your accommodation voucher.

We set up the In Resort team to better assist customers having problems with hotels when they arrive. It seems that wherever the contact is it is much better to have us double check with them that all is well. Most sort themselves out fine, but some need a push from our side to get nearer to the requiremements of the customer!

Steve
Hi Steve, If, as you say, TR does actually have a team in the resort it would be useful to provide a number. Calling Spain would be unlikely to lead to a speedy resolution of a problem and calling the UK, which is apparently only available 0800-2200, would be expensive, time consuming and frustrating within these hours and impossible outside of them. People who use companies such as TR do not need (or want) a local rep in the hotel every day, checking that all is well, dealing with minor whinges and trying to sell trips, but do like to know there is someone on whom they can call if the need arises.
Hi Aslemma, sorry to confuse with terminology! Our 'In Resort' team is based here in Kingston, and has been set up to specifically assist customers who are 'in resort'. They arent actually in resort...

As we are a travel agent as opposed to a tour operator, we do not have resort reps. We do recognise that customers occasionally have difficulty when they present themselves at a hotel to check-in, and we therefore have a team based in the UK to assist.

We try and provide as much contact information as possible from the accommodation providers we use, but the information and sometimes the support offered is variable in quality, so we much prefer to assist directly. We find the hotels usually want to assist and most customers who dont have mobiles call us from reception.

Hope this clears up confusion and apologies for possibly starting it myself!
No worries Steve. As I've said I personally haven't had real problems and the system seems to work for TR. When I did need help the hotel put me in touch with a local rep who was superb, getting my passport back from the hospital, collecting my certificate of ability to fly and even arranging a more convenient transfer to Tunis. At that time I was with another company who also had a rep in Spain, and phone calls to the UK to argue with my useless insurance company had exhausted my patience and cost a fortune.
Hi all.

I am looking at booking a family holiday with Travel Republic.Few quick questions.No doubt already answered on here but couldn't see!!!

1.I take it they I would be protected if they went bust?

2.Is there anyway of pre booking my seats on the plane for me,my wife and daughter? Couldn't see a option for this.

Thanks in advance.
Hi beats, here is the cover, and this is before you pay by credit card!

If we go bust we are ABTA members, so you are covered by their protection scheme.

If one/all (quite unlucky there!) the providers you use for your flight, hotel, transfer, car hire etc go bust, then you are covered by our Total Financial Protection scheme, which I could list, but is detailed here.

http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/help/totalFinancialProtection.aspx

Anything else you need to know, please ask.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.