DIY Holidays

Discussion relating to DIY holidays
Hi Piggy Back - not sure why you have put in your card details for just a quote? If the site says cancellations are non refundable then you may have a problem can you not try to call them? on the website there is an interactive help person - have you tried that? You could try contacting your bankers too and try explaining that this was a mistake, although I am guessing that they will be unable to stop the payment from going though as it was not mis-use.

I hope you can sort out
Hi, I'm not sure that I understand what you tried doing. If I'm reading it correctly, you did want to book (hence the reason for your card details) but you weren't sure whether you were paying the full amount or deposit only. For some reason you later wanted to cancel your booking but having read the T's & C's have found out the payment is non refundable. If my assumption is correct, I can't see any way you'll get your money back I'm afraid. The T's & C's are there for you to read before you make your booking. So the company will say that it was your responsibility to read them before submitting your final booking.

If I've got your post 'wrong', I'm sorry.
Hi,

I have decided to cancel my debit card and get a new one sent so then they wont be able to take money out

thanks
Something doesn't seem quite right here......you got a quote so you knew how much it was. You then inputted your card details to do what? See if they would take the whole amount or just a deposit? Of course it would accept your booking, why else would it ask for your card details :duh

If you haven't managed to sort out with Travelodge, they may still be entitled to come after you for the money afterall by pressing inputting your card details and pressing the send button YOU entered into a contract with them.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.