Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Ive just returned from Icmeler, we went 2 weeks B&B, ate out lunch and evening meal every day plus drinking every night til 1 - 2am and we spent around £850 which we didn't think was too bad as we ate and drank what we wanted too (cocktails a plenty!). We didn't go on any trips though as we are quite happy to laze round the pool with a bottle of ice water in the day time!!

I think you can make it as expensive / cheap as you want really, as there are some really reasonable menus and set deals, plus we found Efes for only 2 lira at one bar!
Been to Turkey many times but can someone tell me whats is a ......... Turkish Pide!?
is it not something like a pizza :)

suzie
It's a bit different to an Italian pizza. The base isn't so much like bread and is quite thin, somewhere between bread and pastry. There are various toppings and we usually go for karisik (mixed) it had kind of minced meat, cheese and tomatoes on it and usually some kind of sausage. Anyway it's very tasty - and very cheap!
I have been reading this thread with interest, and i think it can be done if you are careful. I am so glad that you are going Helen and the extra few hundred quid will be a god send for you. I am now looking forward to your return to find out just how much you spent.

if i had been in that situation, i would maybe tey and stick to the original budget to see how i got on!!! But at least you now you have extra there if you need it.

As other posters have said, I would rather be in Turkey on a budget then here and as others have said if you are sc, you would have been spending money at home for your food!!!!!!!

Ola
I would rather be in Turkey and eat beans on toast all week, than not go at all!!
You will love it - and if you follow some of the great tips on this thread, you will be fine!!
Have a great time Denny
We did not go to Icmeler intentionally on saving money when we got there but we found that instead of eating the heavy meals each night even though we were not hungry we ate Kebabs, Durums and Pede most night, we did a few trips and only spent £650 in a fortnight
Nefis Pede I find is the best place to have Pede, Aran and Tahin Pede and it is pretty cheap
Glad to hear you got some extra cash!

On our last triip to Olu, 2 years ago, we took about £800 for two weeks for two adults. We ate out every night, had a few drinks but not many, went on trips and came back with an engagement ring and change!

Last year we took about £800 again but came back with £200

This year will be the same (hopefully!)

We normally go B&B so don't have the advantage of a kitchen but if we did, we would make good use of the cheap fruit and veg and visit the markets.

We always take coffee and a kettle though :)

Hope you have a great time and hope the horse is OK
I'm glad to see there are others going on a tight budget. We too will have a low budget this year. I like drinking wine but wine in Turkish restaurants is awful and expensive so I plan to take 2 boxes of wine with us (to drink on balcony). We never usually eat in on holiday abroad, but we do when we go on a caravan holiday in the UK as eating out is so expensive. So I plan to do some cheap, easy meals over there. No doubt with limited cooking facilities and equipment!

There is no way we are cancelling, you dont need to spend money to have a good time - something I have learned since having kids :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.