Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
There is a report in 4 online newpapers;

The Mirror
The Lancashire Evening Post
Wigan Today
Manchester Evening News

They came up on a google news search. Does anyone know of heat cameras at Antalya airport?
we came through dalaman airport on saturday. cameras are beıng used for health check
so what happens if a 49yr old goes through with a hot flush.
Thats just what i thought nuttynet,youre hot and bothered queuing up in the visa line/passport no air conditioning (unless thats all changed ),i can see me being carted off to a room some where else :yikes
Well ladies if you are at the menopausal age who knows what might happen :yikes
god i've got no chance of getting into turkey flushing all the time :D : :D

suzie who's getting worried now :think
may need to lay off the vodka on the plane over the heat alone make me all hot and sweaty lol
Going next week well i am always hot and bothered so goodness knows what will happen to me :yikes
Hello

Has anyone been to Turkey and experienced the temperature scanners yet?We are going to Dalaman in July and want to know what to expect.

Thanks
we have come back from istanbul and had no problems but we did have to fill in health forms on the plane and were warned health officials might enter the plane with white coats and masks and not to be alarmed, they didnt but we did see a lot with masks on, i also saw notices about heat x ray machines but we didnt go through one unless we werent aware, i also get some hot flushes and this worried me too :think
We just passed a thermal imaging camera while queueing to pay the visa at Bodrum last month.
There was a doctor in a white coat and 2 assistants at the top of the steps when the doors off the plane opened .They all wore masks and gloves as did a lot of other airport staff.
Nothing to worry about,you will hardly notice the camera unless you look for it.
Cameras are in operation at Ä°stanbul, Dalaman and Antalya for International arrivals.

I have passed through all of these in the last two weeks.
The FCO page states that these heat-testing cameras are in use to monitor ALL visitors arriving in Turkey.

Foreign Office
If they were at Antalya this week then I didn't notice them.

Had to complete a fairly detailed health form on the inbound flight
Thanks for replying, feel much more chilled about going now. 4 weeks to go!
I'm worried now:(. I personally think i have an undiagnosed, mild form of OCD so anything like this will successfully make me worry right up until i get through passport control and into bodrum in 11 days...
They were still testing when I went through last week.

The form made my mate and I chuckle as it asks for your temperature!? Plus, the fact that I'd had REALLY bad hayfever the day we flew out I was getting lots of looks prior to boarding!
You come off an air conditioned flight and then are plunged into a baking hot terminal and stand in a queue waiting to pay your visa and get through passport control, of course you are bound to be hot. However, I would hazard a guess that what they are looking for is a temperature of 100 or over.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.