Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
I have recently travelled through Dalaman and Sharm airports. There was no testing at Dalaman however everyone entering Sharm had to have their temperatures taken with an ear thermometer. I wasn't aware of anyone being injected though.
In Turkish newspaper today,it says that they have installed 27 thermal camers at borders and airports to monitor passengers arriving for swine flu.
some friends said yesterday that they are monitoring for temperature differences using thermal cameras....I don't know what they would do if they found a flu case!
The only difference I noticed at Dalaman was that they were wearing masks and the border people were wearing rubber gloves checking passports.
I think the cameras are only at Istanbul and Ankara so they wont affect the coastal airports.
dalaman currently has heat sensors working that everyone has to walk through on ent
It was on Turkish news last night that Turkey have had their first case of swine flu.
In one of the UK papers today.
A 3 yr old girl was stopped at Dalaman ( I think ) and taken into a room and given a jab ( suspected swine flu ).
Parents and child told to go straight to hotel and not to leave their room. they was also told not to tell anyone about what was happening. :que
Think the story was in the daily mirror.
it's onthe foreign office website about using the cameras but no confirmed cases in turkey yet
I didn't hear about the British people, what I saw was an Iraqi man who had been in America and had gone into Turkey and tested positive, it was confirmed last night.
thed only recorded case now is in istanbul an american in transit at airport on way to iraq
Swine flu: Three-year-old British girl dragged off holiday as a suspected carrier
If anyone wants to read about this Pm me, If I post the link mods will remove it.
Hi. Might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that Turkey's first case of swine flu was confirmed just after the UK's first. I think that there was new stories online about someone who had already died - although they were related to travel in Mexico.
Ther were no cases of swine flu until yesterday. We watch Turkish tv at home and that was definitely the first case
Ok. I tried searching for it and couldn't find it. Looked in my web history, and it's definitely there, but appears to be only a news article headline, with no mention in the article. Wasn't sure when I posted, but knew I'd definitely seen something. Obviously the headline was wrong! Sorry!
I read on Saturday that they had their first confirmed case of swine flu,and that they had thermal cameras in Dalaman(not just Istanbul and Ankara).
My friends are home today I will ask did they see anything at Dalaman airport.
we arrived home yesterday not seen anythink on way through departures . on arriving on the 5thmay there was nothing either just everyone wearing masks and gloves even the cl;eaners ,, maybe when we arrived on the 5th it was not a problem thats why i seen no heat cameras
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.