Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkish Keebab
11 Posts
everyone to there own :D
Hi Ginkster,

Maybe you were unlucky and chose a poor restaurant in Turkey. As a rule, and if kebabs are your thing, nearly all the non-touristy restaurants serve really good kebabs - much better than the ones you can buy from your typical High Street Kebab House in the UK.

Strawberry
I find the best kebabs in turkey are sold in the restaurnts that cater mostly for the locals ,and not the ones full of tourists , makes my mouth water thinking about them.
there is a great one in fethiye near the monday market 1.5ytl you can't go wrong just look for the bread and water on the tables :roll:
although the kebabs are nice in turkey,99% of them are preety much empty.
considering price,value and flavor im afraid the british one are a mile better and they aint been sat in the sun all day.
i still eat loads of them whilst in turkey the best ive had is in the middlle of fetiye in the fruit area near the fish area.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y197/grubox/DSCF0070.jpg
now thats a kebab,and sold out in 2 hours every day im told.
Onatt Kitchen, central marmaris.... chicken kebab, wrap or half bread 1.5 ytl... if you want the half bread, salad and extra chicken it's 2.5 ytl. Wash it down with a large fresh orange at 2 ytl. Now tell me, how much does your "english" kebab cost?
a small cafe in the arcade in marmaris does a good one ,chilis on the table i think it cost a £1 very good one... :lol: :lol:
i think the chicken and lamb mixed is the one although that is 2ytl its well worth it these knock the english ones into a tin hat for me personally :yikes
There is only 1 reason why English Kebabs could ever taste better than traditional prepared and cooked Turkish Kebab. It has to be the 10 pints of lager consumed before eating a kebab in England.

:wink: :twisted:
Big thanks to Gazza for the Biggest Kebab I Have Ever Seen>>>>>!!!!
Big thanks To Everyone who took the time to respond ,
I Have just ate A Kebab from MY local Turkish House And It Tastes F****** , Brilliant.
Once Again This Will Be Hard To BeAt
YUMM YUMM!!!
CHEERS
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.