Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Turkish women
13 Posts
to be honest you dont see many . only the odd shopkeeper or dancer.
I have seen a few young Turkish women working, more so the last 2 times i`ve been.
They keep themselves to themselves, are very polite and not at all like the Turkish men.
There probably will be exception to the rule but i just can`t see a Turkish woman going on lots of dates like the men do.
I`m interested now yorkshire boy.
I know one scottish guy who is married to a turkish woman ,has been for eleven years , but he met her when he was working in london not in turkey .I am sure there must be others .

Bluepeterno1
Have a look in Bar street Marmaris you will find plenty Turkish women in the Disco's, Most of them drink bottled water.
ERM I met and married my wife in Marmaris 16 years ago (only feels like 30 :D ) Then it was so rare that we were in the national papers. Obviously a few of the male relations were dead against the marriage as Ãâ€ΕΎÃ‚± was a yabanci but somehow it all happened.

That was the most expensive holiday I ever had as I am still paying for it. :D
Good on you bryn ,you know you dont mean that . :cheers

Bluepeterno1
actually in my experiences I have met quite a few...turkish women married to foreign men of various nationalities..

French, Belgium, English, Scottish, American, German..and the list can go on and on...

An yes Byrn...cute answer... :rofl
Turkish women are the complete opposite of Turkish men as a rule! A lot of the men who work in the resorts come from traditional hometowns where the women never go out with men until they are married, arranged marriages still occur in some places too.

The women who work in the tourist resorts probably live there too and of course you get Turkish tourists who come from very Westernised familes in bigger towns. Turkish women usually dress and act respectfully and I have never seen a Turkish woman drunk, shouting or swearing like British women do, nor do they go out with lots of men.

I do know someone who is married to a Turkish woman in England, she is his second Turkish wife. I didn't meet any Turkish women married to foreign men when I lived in Turkey though.

Kedi
Kedi Yavrusu wrote:
shouting or swearing like British women do, nor do they go out with lots of men.

Bit of a sweeping generalisation there I would have thought.
Well obviously not all British women are like that do that but when you do see women abroad, drunk and shouting and swearing out in the street they are usually British.
Well obviously not all British women are like that do that but when you do see women abroad, drunk and shouting and swearing out in the street they are usually British.

Well true or not I find you to be very rude in your posting.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.