General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Ugg Boots.
18 Posts
Me I am an ugg super fan, I also love Emus to. I live in hem if I am honest. My favourite pair is three years old and still going strong . So yes they are expensive but I get my money's worth. They do come haven't been coated on a waterproof spray. Though I have also bought an ugg spray and when they get wet I do respray them once dry so I never get water marks.. Plus they are strong hard wearing and great in this cold icy weather.
Personally I don't see the appeal of Ugg boots at all, they just seem clumsy and ugly to me. They are obvioulsy very popular though.
I love my ugg boots- iv had them for 4 years- and they still look as good- as when I bought them. I don't bother with expensive sprays, or cleaners- they dont stain if you get them wet,and are very light on the feet- I'v just cleaned mine for the 1st time last week- with vanish carpet stain remover foam. They are on the big side I'm a size 7, and bought a 6- and they fit perfectly. Yes they are expensive- but well worth it- I'm hoping for they last me another 4 years!!

Belly
Sorry but I don't rate them either. I don't think they look nice at all!
Have mixed feelings on these boots , i love them on youngsters but hate them on the how can i say ..... :think more mature woman . I think what really done it for me was seeing a lady in her early 60's coming out of a side steeet dressed in a pair of black leggings tucked into her ugg boots, with a black t shirt and a waterfall edged back cardigan , first thougths from my mind was the scene from "only fools and horses batman and robin running down the street" , haven't been able to look at that woman since without a smile comes over my face
I absolutely lurveeeee my UGG boots, I bought them in OZ and I think they were around £185 after the conversion from Aussie dollars into sterling.
I've never spent that much on a pair of boots or shoes in my entire life, I had been eyeing them up for weeks every time I passed the shop window and as soon as I put my foot into them, I just knew they were made for me.
As you can see from the photo, they are made of leather and are completely lined inside with sheepskin.
They are as light as a feather and the shape is perfect for my fat squatty feet, but even in OZ you had to be careful that you were buying the authentic UGG brand with the hologram label inside.
I only have one regret...I should have bought a pair in black too.

http://i42.tinypic.com/10f7s48.jpg
I love those Sanji- not at all like the ugg boots I've seen people wearing. Some kids wear them to school (probably imitations) and they all seem to turn over on the heel as though they have no support at all. Didn't realise you could get them in leather, as the ones I've seen are those 3/4 length plain suede ones. I think they're ugly.
My daughter has some lovely Uggs.
They are 3/4 length black suede with straps on the side.
They are not totally flat and have a similar sole and heel as Sanjis.
Cant imagine how must they cost. :yikes
I think it depends on the style and whether or not they are authentic Uggs or not. Cheaper immitations just dont cut it im afraid. They are what are normally seen turned over on the heel/sole. Proper Uggs have a sturdy sole and wouldnt do that. I love them but would never be able to justify spending that amount of money on them until my daughter leaves home ;). Comfort wise, I dont care how old I was, if they were comfortable and they supported my feet/ankes/legs and kept me warm then id have them like a shot.
I do like those Sanji, haven't seen any like that here but they do look comfy and dress them up or down
Shirleyh those are the type I can't stand.
Sanji really like those :tup
I love them but would never be able to justify spending that amount of money on them until my daughter leaves home . Comfort wise, I dont care how old I was, if they were comfortable and they supported my feet/ankes/legs and kept me warm then id have them like a shot.

Sarah.
I'd put some money to one side for an Australian opal ring (I'm a bit of a gemstone lover) and I have some opals, but I was wanting a single rock, but they were having a larf with some of the quality of opals set into rings and the prices they were charging....or hoping to charge tourists with no gemstone knowledge.
So I bought the UGG boots with some of the money instead and I don't regret spending that money, although I don't think I would be so quick to spend that amount of money for one pair of boots if I hadn't been in OZ.
Without sounding snobbish, you really can tell quality and can see the boots have been hand made, but I'm not a designer label freak and it was the comfort aspect which was the most important thing for me.
I liked them because they were made of leather and also the design because if you have any problems with your ankles swelling, there is adjustment depending how tight you fasten the laces, and because they were not completely flat.
I wore them to come home in and I've worn them with trousers/jeans and a skirt, and I don't care what others may think because they are just heaven to walk in and keep my feet as warm as toast with just a pair of tights or pop socks.
sanji wrote:
I don't care what others may think because they are just heaven to walk in and keep my feet as warm as toast

That is exactly what my sister says. She has three pairs now :yikes The first pair she got when she was holidaying in Australia a couple of years ago and the other two she purchased as a present from her hubby ;) All 3 are different styles and colours (2 are suede and one leather) and they are all gorgeous.

I think I remember you saying or writing about the gems you were trying to get whilst you were in Aus. .
When I was in Australia over Christmas, my eldest son arranged for me to visit the UGG shop in Melbourne and buy anything I wanted. I bought long length chestnut boots with matching 'oversocks' and a pair of gloves. Love them!!!

I also bought a pair of fakes in black from Queen Victoria market, they were £20 and I love them too!
I was going to ask how the sizes compared did they run big which i find in expensive items where if you choose cheap they run small same with clothes most of the time thanks bellybally for that.
I normally take a size 6, and my boots are labelled inside as a UK 6.5.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.