Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hiya Donna,

I have just had a quick look around at info and photos of this hotel and sadly it's not looking good at all.

You really need to keep on at Sunshine day and night until you have answers, I can't see any other solution than to move you to different accomodation and they should have the power to do that but don't let them fob you off.

I don't know the legal process as such but they do need to provide what you paid for in any instant and I can't see how they're possibly going to be able to do that.
First thing I'd do is to send a recorded delivery letter stating the facts you've explained here ie that you contacted them re refurb etc. Also ask them for a change of accommodation and that if this isn't possible (should be) then you intend to take the holiday under duress, reserving the right to persue compensation should this major refurb mar your holiday.

You could, even tell them that you will be taking photographic evidence, and names and addresses of any other guests who have complaints regarding said work.

Below is info for building work but the same 'gathering evidence' applies.

If the tour operator is a member of ABTA, they they are bound by the ABTA CODE OF CONDUCT (click here) to ensure that clients are alerted to any building works which may reasonably be considered to seriously impair the enjoyment of their holiday, and offer them the opportunity to transfer to alternative travel arrangements, if available.

If your Tour Operator notifies you too late for you to change your holiday then write to them asap and send by recorded delivery keeping a copy for yourself. State that you are accepting the holiday 'under duress' and are reserving the right to pursue a claim for compensation should this building work mar your holiday.

If you find yourself on a holiday which is being marred by building works then collect your evidence.

1) Report the matter to your rep and fill in a complaints form. Keeping a copy for yourself.

2) Take photographic evidence (using a separate roll of film - not one containing happy holiday snaps)

3) Take camcorder evidence - especially if noise is a problem.

4) Collect names and addresses of other holidaymakers who are complaining.
Thank you for your replies, they were very helpful. With regards to what you said about them changing our accommodation; would we be expected to pay any extra costs for an alternative hotel? Also, is sunshine.co.uk responsible, or is it their accommodation supplier that we should contact (lowcostbeds)?

Thank you
You should deal with the people you booked with, however may not be bad idea to try a test and book with lowcost beds and see what comes up, will add strenght to your case. Also how did you pay I hope with credit card ??.
I have just looked at the hotel web site and it is closed until 16 July 2010

Dear customers,

The Great Paradise Park Family, thanking you for your loyalty during these past 20 years and with intention to respond to your suggestions and comments, especially in order to offer a new product that will undoubtedly improve our range of accommodation and entertainment, wants to share with you the following:

As of July 15, 2010, Hotel Paradise Park will be a brand new product. Our project is to be the paradise that everyone dreams of. We want to create a new hotel concept where guests feel accomplished.

To accomplish all these changes, a complete remodelation of our product is in order.

During the past years we have been renovating an important part of the total units the hotel counts with, although in this case the remodeling will only affect one of the three buildings that form the complex.
This will be comprised between 06/04 and 15/07/10, period in which the main building will remain completely closed to avoid causing discomfort to any of our customers.

Our main goal is that these actions will help to improve the enjoyment of your stay in Hotel Paradise Park, and of course to fully meet your expectations.

OPERATING POOL AREAS: The Atlántida Leisure Park consisting of:

1. 2 pools
2. 4 hydromassage sunbeds
3. Exterior Jacuzzi for up to 8 people
4. An all inclusive station next to the pool bar, that will be open and fully functional for our clients.
5. Children will be able to enjoy the kids area located in our leisure park.

We'll have many new features starting from the end of March, so this and the rest of our normal services (Junior Suite rooms, apartments, Double rooms with lounge, pool areas, restaurants, etc.) will remain operational except for the Solarium Pool on the 8th floor, the gym and the Sparadise (1st floor) during the remodeling period.

The main pool and its pool bar will not be operating between 07/06/2010 and 30/06/2010 because we must address a breakdown related to water supply.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation with our ambitious makeover, receive loving / affectionate greeting from all the Paradise Park Family.

Hope this helps
We had a similar experience happen to us last year , but Thomson notified us of the building works going on, and told us that amenities could be used at other hotels , and offered us a choice of either cancelling holiday and going at later date , to change hotel , or cancel holiday all together and have a full refund no monies lost , we chose to change hotels with an upgrade free of charge as a goodwill gesture. So its worth going back to Ta and seeing what they can offer you
You do not say when you are going. Refurbishments do take place and if completed on time often do not effect holidaymakers.

You say the printable tickets have been amended. Have you got copies of the original tickets?

Glynis has pointed out the ABTA rules applicable. Perhaps a call to them if you are struggling to make contact might focus their minds.

fwh
Hi again, thank you for your replies! We phoned Trading Standards this morning, and they said that even though it's not a package holiday we have to be given an similar accommodation and pay no extra costs, and if they cannot do this, they must give us a full refund including flights and transfers. So they said to send a letter recorded delivery and request a response within seven days. They've lodged it as a serious compliant so hopefully we'll get it sorted.. I will keep you all updated on it's progress! Thank you again.
She said in her topic title she was leaving in 2 weeks. :)

I would be getting on sunshines case as you do leave very soon. Hope it all works out :)
Yes Donna do let us know how you get on, I logged back on to see if you were sorted yet, what a nightmare for you :(
Just updating...

We sent a recorded letter to Sunshine over a week ago asking them to reply within 7 days, but of course they didn't. We asked to be moved to an alternative hotel, and if they can't, we requested a refund. We phoned abta, who they are proteted by, who said since they didn't reply and it's so late, we will have to go on the holiday and take it under protect, disputing when we get back.. Very very disappointed with Sunshine.
So sorry to hear that Donna :(

Will you have a rep in resort? Maybe complaining as soon as you get there could possibly get you moved?(I have heard of people doing this but never did this myself)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.