General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Welcome badday,
Is there any reason why you can't have your injections? Is it because you have not left enough time for an appointment with the practice nurse at your GP's? You can go to a travel clinic for them but you would need to pay unfortunately. Superdrug have a lot of travel clinics. Google them and see which one is the nearest to you.
Never heard of tablets (and I work at a GP's) instead of injections - who told you that?
We go to Turkey a lot and going in 3 weeks time and have never had injections.
If you are going to a tourist resort you don't need any of those vaccinations, the only one you should make sure is up to date is your Tetanus, if you are heading in to remote areas where there is a risk of contaminated food & water you will require Typhoid and Hepatitis A injections, I have never heard of tablets!

Take a look at THIS NHS Scotland website for travel health advice for all destinations.

Graham
There are both forms of vaccines for the prevention of Typhioid, a live oral one for which capsules are taken on 3 alternate days and gives effective cover for up to 5 years and the injected type which I believe gives cover for 3 years. Over the years I've had both, but as previous posters have said unless you are going to remote areas they aren't needed. Just make sure your Tetanus is up to date.
There are both forms of vaccines for the prevention of Typhioid, a live oral one for which capsules are taken on 3 alternate days and gives effective cover for up to 5 years

Thanks Judith, everyday is a school day and I learn something new :tup
Please don't worry, typhoid isn't neccessary in Turkey unless you are going somewhere really remote. Hep A is good to have but not essential. I lived in Turkey for a few years and I never had those injections. Just keep your tetanus up to date.

I must admit I had never heard of tablets either, useful to know.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.