Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Innoculations
271 Posts
I don't have any innoculations to go to Turkey, then again I don't have any for the UK! Tetanus out of date, TB never done!

Briarskeg is right, there are recommended vaccinations for Turkey and it is worth consulting your doctor or BA clinic before you travel, particularly if you are in an at risk group (the very young, elderly etc).

Karen
I am having mine in March, wasnt going to bother, but our doctor's used to charge 25 pounds for the Hepatitis A. Now they do not charge and I need to have a Tetanus so will have them all done at the same time.
We had our Hep boosters on Monday this week.

Good for 10 years now.
We all had ours on our first visit to Turkey 7 years ago and well although we have never had a problem I think they are advisable as if its is recommended that you have them and dont and there is a problem it may be a way for an insurance company not to pay out not saying this would happen but you never know, better to be safe than sorry especially with the older ones and young children
had my booster today nurse said they up to 15yrs and maybe a lifetime ,, glad i got them because i booked goa in march and was already covered from the 1s i got for turkey so only needed a booster ,,so it pays to get it in the long run because you never you may want to book a different destination were you do need them
:lol: all free but some doctors prefer you didnt have then just stand youre ground
This might sound slightly contraversial but Turkish people are generally more hygenic than us Johnny Foreigners. The are constantly washing and cleaning, and the bum washer on the toilet is a true wonder. Most complaints ref health in Turkey come from over indulgence. Too much sun, too much alcohol and too much food!!! just what a good holiday is all about!!!! Unfortunately no amount of jabs can prevent these ailments!!
I must admit i never even gave innoculations a thought. Will definately look into it now. What about malaria tablets?
Other half has read that you need to have innoculations...is this true??

my advice get them done.
better save than sorry :)
you dont need for em turkey ,, i took vitamin b1 from boots ,,, never got bitten and there were also a appitite suppresent so i ate and still lost 2lbs when i came home ,, 1 meal on a nite was enough ,, more time for soakin up that sun
:x
I spoke to my GP yesterday who informed me that they no longer offer this service.He did give me a list of travel clinics.But forgot to tell me that it would cost us approx £60 each !
After speaking to the local health authority today though,I've now been told that ALL surgeries have to offer you at least Tetnus,polio,diptheria etc as these are required in the UK anyway.
I think the Gp is in for a roasting as she asked for the name of the doctor I spoke to.
Now I should have to only pay for Hep A !
God what a carry on !
i got hep a free from my gp but he wouldnt give me flight socks on perscription even though i have a heart complaint and boots told me they are available ,, suppose it depends wether your gp a fundholding surgery or not ,,,,
Hi all

We had our 1st holiday in Side, Turkey last year... and choosed to have our jabs...

We recently had our boosters which will see us though the next 10 years..

No side effects for any of us ( 2 adults, 2 kids aged 7 & 4)

These jabs were free at our doctors.

However, because we were going east turkey, we were recommended to take malaria tablets... I bought them in, and got 2 bottles of the childrens at £8.. however, our friends mum works in a surgrey only 2 miles away from our surgrey and the info she got was that we didn't need them..and, so many users of this site said they had not required them, nor seen many mozzies etc... we didn't bother using them either!

Users of this website are great, and if you read their write ups on there experiences, tips and advice, it won't be long until before you choose whether to have the jabs or not..

Never got bitten,(only saw the odd mozzie), cause I am a Avon rep, and used the s-s-s dry oil spray in woodland fresh fragrance ( this works).... so for those of you that don't have an avon rep in your road, buy online from their website!!

We loved our holiday so much, we re-booked 2 days after returning, counting the months down until sept !!!

We found our Hotel to be very clean, infact they never seemed to stop !!

take care all
snow-white
im not sure what to do about jabs travel agents think we will be fine others say we should get jabs done what does everybody else think? :hmmm I hope that all the water aspects pool ect will be ready on the first page of this forem its mentioned that pegasos palace village will have one stage this year and the second stage next year.Thats a bit scary i want to relaxe in tranquility not a building site :evil:
hi,roxien we were told to have hep.a,polio,typhoid,malaria.and that form E111 get it at post office is no good for turkey but look it up tells you info on jabs
Thanx chic0110 i had that e111 form for ibiza but it ran out just before xmas and it didnt have my son on it not looking forward to getting jabs i bet there expensive and not sure if kids will get them free or not my four year old girl refuses to go to the docters cos she thinks she will have to have jabs any more info from anybody on jabs ect would be greatly appreciated :thanks
For immunisation follow the link below from the Worldwide disease and immunisation checklist.

http://www.dh.gov.uk/PolicyAndGuidance/HealthAdviceForTravellers/GeneralHealthAdvice/Diseases/DiseasesArticle/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4053179&chk=L6QYy4

What it says is HepA and Typhoid is recommended.
Maleria is recommended depending on area and season.

Hope this will help some of thoes parents dreading their kids getting jabs. :D
Edit normal font restored Briar
Our jabs were free at our local GP

And I think it is worth getting them for piece of mind.

Dave
I think i will get all our jabs done especialy the kids rather be safe than sorry :?
From the World Health Organisation website

http://www.who.int/ith/countrylist10.html#208

TURKEY

No vaccination requirements for any international traveller
Malaria: Malaria risk-exclusively due to P. vivax-exists from May to October mainly in the south-eastern part of the country, and in Amikova and Ã"¡ukurova Plain. There is no malaria risk in the main tourist areas in the west and south-west of the country.
Recommended prophylaxis in risk areas: chloroquine.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.