When we were in Malta last week we had a few nights in Valletta as we normally do and this is what we found.

The Good

D-Office again on Archbishops Street, we were there in September and thought it was good, we went again last week and thought it excellent, the decor is lovely and the atmosphere is very very relaxing, the food was very good especially the large tortellinis stuffed with porcini mushrooms, will deffinitely be back in February.

The Bad

The Pub otherwise known as Ollies last pub, when we were there in September there were some british squaddies or sailors who thought it good manners to constantly use the "F" word as part of there limited vocabulary, I asked them to stop as I was with Mrs Sliema2 and they did for a bit, but low and behold having small minds they started again so we left, I mentioned this to the british owner and told him that in our opinion it's not acceptable behaviour and if we wanted to hear such scummy behaviour then we could holiday in blackpool or similar, his reply was that if anyone is serving in the forces doing the jobs they do then they are welcome to use that kind of foul and disrespectfull language in his bar at any time (nice not), I pointed out to him that the uk forces are no longer conscripted and that is there choice to join up as nobody forced them and that it was a very poor excuse to allow such profanity.

The Ugly

The Number 62 bus driver who drove like a maniac from Sliema to Valletta on the Thursday night and made it in to Floriana bus terminus at City Gate in about 6 minutes flat narrowly avoiding had a head on accident in Ta-Xbiex, however Valletta isn't ugly it is superb, we truly love that city, there is no where quite like it any where, Viva Il-Belt Valletta.

Best Regards
Sliema2