Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Varna area
17 Posts
St Konstantin would fit the bill, nearer to Varna but much quieter than Golden Sands and plenty of bars and restaurants to choose from.

Patka
Thanks Patka, i'll have a look. Can you recommend any hotels, doesn't have to be anything fancy just clean and have a pool.
al26, you could try the following http://www.news.guide-bulgaria.com under quick search type Balchik, click quick search. Highlight the word Hotel. ignore everything, click on Search Accomodation and you will have two pages of Hotels in the Balchik Area. Cheers. Tonyt.
Tonyt thanks for the link. Unfortunately i can't get it to open, probably my computer.
Don't know if you remember me but you gave us lots of advice last time we were looking to visit Albena a couple of years ago. We left it too late and couldn't get a flight. So excited that we're finally going, hope your keeping well and nice to hear from you again.
al26.
The Koral seems to be a nice enough hotel, with a good mix of nationalities.

Restaurant Zaliva is only one of many eating places but is well worth a visit tell Nataly or Vasko ....Stephen & Pauline sent you....if you decide to go too St Konstantine.

link to pics of Zaliva
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=123410

Stephen Barbour
Thanks DOA.
Will have a look. Nice photos.
Have a look here for Balchick info, some hotels but stay away from Los Dos Gallos as have heard some very poor reports.

http://www.beachbulgaria.com/balchik/index.shtml

Toonman
Just to update. We have booked the Hotel Holiday Beach in Balchik for our 1st week. Will post a report of both hotels on our return. Thanks for all your help.
I have added the Holiday Beach to our reviews site ready for your review. The hotel's own website is HERE and there is a site about Balchik HERE

luci :wave
Thanks luci, not long now.
Hi, just back from albena. Liked the place, but woudn't go back because when you've seen it, you've seen it all. Nice and quiet place to be, lots of sun. Just have to warn you, the varna airport is dreadful! It's like a barn! No nothing. One shop, and that's all. A few cafes, and the prices! Oh, my god. 4€ for a 0.5L cola! But you don't live on the airport, do you :rofl ?
Just have to warn you, the varna airport is dreadful! It's like a barn! No nothing. One shop, and that's all. A few cafes, and the prices! Oh, my god. 4€ for a 0.5L cola! But you don't live on the airport, do you?

Unless things have changed dramatically since I last flew into Burgas in 2004, Varna is, in my opinion, by far the nicer airport of the two and it's operational all-year round for international flights, unlike Burgas which is primarily a summer season-only tourist destination.

Prices for refrshments have shot up significantly since both airports were franchised to Fraport,the German airport management company, and probably reflect the charges which they make to subsidiary franchisees.

Baldur
Hi

Got back on Friday. Had a lovely holiday, very lucky with the weather 1 overcast day in 2 weeks with temps averaging about 28 during the day. Would definately return to Albena and would visit Balchik again but i think we would have been better just booking maybe 3 or 4 days there rather than a week. It was fine for me given the good weather as i could spend time swimming but my partner felt a bit isolated as he likes company/meeting people and was a bit restricted re: this.
Booked fights and hotels separately and everything went smoothly. Good flights with Balkan only downside was the early morning flight with pick up at 3.30am. Flew in and out of Varna airport which was absolutley fine.
I've posted a review of the Gergana and Albena and i'll post a review of the Holiday Beach Hotel and Balchik in the next few days.
Thanks again for all your help.
Many thanks for the review, it is appreciated. :tup
luci :wave
Hi
Finally posted a review for Balchik.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.