Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
I was a rep in this hotel in 2000. It was considered one of Thomsons flagship hotels, constantly outranking the other superfamily properties on the Island and from what I can see now, still is! I went to Menorca again in June 2005 as a holiday maker and looked in this hotel whilst out driving my other half around. It has changed but for the better! Paddling pool for children put in, still clean and tidy, loads of staff andmore childrens facilities!

Does anyone know if the lovely english ladies still runs the shop? She was extremey kind and friendly.
Hi Emma,

Yes she does still run the shop. She is lovely. Mind you all the hotel staff are fantastic, half the reason we are going back agin this year!

Regards

Niki
I went there for the buffet breakfast three times when I was staying in Santo Tomas a couple of years ago, it was delicious!

Pippy :D
am going to the playa royal hotel in santo thomas in a couple of weeks and wondered if anyone knew if they accepted the new American Express Travellers Cheque Card, which is an alternative method to taking paper travellers cheques. The travel agent couldnt tell me if this particular hotel accepted the card or not.
Many thanks

Hi, I meant the VICTORIA PLAYA, doing well aren't I :lol:
Yep many years ago and we had a great holiday. It is a quiet resort with only a few bars and shops but is ideally situated for getting out and about in a car as lots of places in easy driving distance.

The hotel is directly on the beach, so easy access, and you can walk for miles on the sandy beach in both directions.
Heard nothing but good reviews about this hotel. It will be my first holiday as a single parent, so im hoping it will be ok!!!! Going 7 weeks time and cant wait!!!! :fly
The Victoria playa is excellent, the reps do everything possible to help and put on a very good show, not many (if any) will know that they have been rehearsing recently until 2am in morning (at no extra pay in addition to the paltry £400 per month they get) to get it right. No I'm not a rep!
can anyone tell me if the victoria playa do gifts ie champagne, chocs, flowers to the room as my brother in law and wife are going next month and wanted to order something for their silver wedding thank you
not sure but I reckon you could do something with Interflora or similar!
Hi we are going there for a week Oct 17th can any answer a few questions
any idea what kind of weather to expect?
is there anyway to watch football as the England international is on when we are there I know its a quite resort but a pub atmosphere is essential
cheers :fly
I don't know if it's still there but when we went in 2004 there was a bar called 'Halley's Bar' which showed football matches. About sixty seconds walk from the VP!

Pippy :D
When we were there they showed the footie on the large screen in the lounge/bar area.....not sure how many people will be there at this time of year though? Have a great time :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.