Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
village royal
6 Posts
It's about 2k from the beach and about 5 mins walk from St Alex Church.

Try this link that I picked up from another post. Type Village Royale into the seach box:

http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=15.543586&lon=73.767314&z=16&l=0&m=h&v=2
Thanks claireanthony i have found it, it looks a little far out but at least the taxis are cheap enough and the hotel was cheap for a month.
hi channon
we stayed at the vr april 07 for 3 weeks we also got a very cheap deal. its about a 15min walk to the main calangute drag down a small dusty track which leads to a the main rd & big roundabout near st alex church. no prob getting taxis outside or do what we did get a scooter & use taxis /tuk tuks when your out on the lash!!

its basic clean accomodation & although we had a couple of niggles (ive done a review on this forum hotel section) we would not hesitate to go back but only if we got another very good deal ( we paid approx 420 quid each for 3 weeks we also were given vouchers for 3 free main meals each in the hotel, we dont usually eat at our hotel but we did at the vr & the food was good)
In Jan taxi's were costing us 70 rupees to Calangute Beach or 150 to Candolim, which is cheap but soon adds up if you're doing a return trip a couple of times a day. Take advantage of the hotel's complementary bus service that runs 4 times a day to Calangute Market area. I think it left the hotel about 10am, 11am, 3pm and 4pm with return times from Calangute half an hour later. The 15/20 minute walk is ok once the sun's gone down but a killer in the heat!
if you look at this and type Village Royal in the search it should take you to it. http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=15.543586 ... =0&m=h&v=2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.