Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
village royale
30 Posts
Bit out of the way I believe Jan, I had friends stay there and leave after 1 night as the room was filthy and full of mossies.
:? There WAS a thread about this hotel somewhere!!! I've done a search and can't find it. It lays back on the right on the road IN to Calangute from the airport...just after that great big white christmas cake church.
I know there is another thread to this, but here goes.

If you come into Calangute from the airport ,you will a very large white church,I forget its name , but its the main one, and in front is a roundabout.(Just after the Calangute sign).OR,if you travel from the Chapel in the middle of the road,keep to the right when travelling from Candolim you will come to the roundabout.
Turn right and go about 100yards and the main entrance is on the right but well back off the road , about 400 yards.
Our friends stayed there in November , it was a cheapy but they were happy. The food was good , the rooms were very basic but clean. We visited one night and it was ok, many people were eating there , there was entertainment and everyone seemed to be having a good time.

Hope this helps.
:? There IS another thread on this too Gooner 'cos I posted on it! I can't find it though..but when I did a search it didn't even bring up the one that you have found :lol: :lol:

There was a taxi rank outside hotel...and think you'd really have to use one to get anywhere.
:lol: :wink: That's the one Fiona!! What did you put in search? I put Village Royale Calungute (no comma though!) .... another time Village Royale Hotel --- Goa Thread.
:shock: JUST Royale?? doh...trying too hard! lol
Has anyone got the E-mail address of the Village Royale please..
took a bit of finding but I think this is it
VillageRoyale@yahoo.com
Thank you Fiona I've sent them a e-mail lets see how long it is before i get a reply(thats IF i get one).
Hello Rokerender. Is it really that bad ? its part of our package we said we will see what its like and if we don't like it we'll certainly go elsewhere. :think
Its very basic , but my main complaint was the food. Hygeine standards were very poor. My wife was very ill. The Doctor was a regular visitor when we were there. I did a report but the last time I looked it was'nt in the hotel reviews ???

An example of poor hygeine was the glass cabinet with pastries, cakes etc. sitting in the sun all day with no refrigeration, a breeding ground for nasty bugs. I never went to the kitchens but I read a report of a lady that did and it was not pleasent.

Like everywhere some love it and some hate it, but there were a lot of people with stomach problems. Do what we did eat out.

The rooms were clean but you are woken at 8am every morning by the lady supervisor shouting at the room boys, and can she shout !!!! :duh
rokerender we only use the room to sleep/wash in thats it we always eat out where ever we stay so it might be ok. :think We got it for a very good price :tup .
Yes we got it at a good price - so I'm sure you will be ok. Hope you have a good time.

Regards
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.