Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hiya jammiedonut,

I was looking at Bulgaria myself for next year, dont think i'll bother going self catering they are looking 369 pounds for a 4 year old child, its so cheap to eatout, I'v been to golden sands resort 7 times always went bed and breakfast ite only lately they are doing self catering, hope you get something that suits you take care.

wgipk.
hiya jammy,

Go for it! We were there for 2 weeks in august,(sunny beach) It was great and it was very very cheap for everything! There was loads to do and the people were lovely. We were only home 4 days and booked again for next year.

Trish :)
Hi jammiedonut before you book with Balkans check out thomson ,i have been going to G/S for many years and always just booked through Balkans.Next year i can get the same hotel with Thomson and it is nearly £600 cheaper for two .and I can get the same Holiday for Four adults and my grandson aged 12For £650 more than this year ,so shop around The only thing stopping me booking the seperate is the cost of flights which i have been looking into
Yes, June, I agree with that
  • Edited by trishh6 2008-11-25 01:36:16
it's much cheaper to get rooms in Sveti Vlas (Saint Vlas). The Village is located 3 km from Sunny Beach. Sveti Vlas have his own beach, a great panorama of Nesebar and Sunny Beach. You can get beds for 10 levs per person. in the summer the transport to Sunny Beach is in every 30 min. The ticket costs 0,80 levs per person (for summer 2005) (1 euro = 1,9 levs). The taxi from Sveti Vlas to Sunny Beach costs 15-20 levs.
Hi
we have booked a family holiday to Sunny Beach next year and my granddaughter wasnt to know is there any horse riding available
:lol: Great thank you all for the replies guess my minds made up then and i'm gonna check out thomsons see what they got next week.
Will look into half board too xx :P
Hi vodkalemon. in answer to your question yes there is horse riding available in s/b
Hi jammydonut if you do go H/B and dont like the meals it is very cheap to eat out ,so you wont go hungry .June :glynis
hi jammy

as well as Thomson take a look at Portland direct(part of the Thomson group).Not as much choice but much cheaper. :D

Rgards

Sharpy
We booked through Portland for Bulgaria next year. There will be 5 of us (got my 11 yr old daughter free) and for HB paying I think £1500. Staying at Majestic (haven't seen any reviews on this hotel yet as it is brand new for 2005).
Hi Carrie

What accomodation have you booked for the five of you?My daughter in law has been looking for somewhere for their family(two adults and three children)but have found everywhere very expensive,£1500 sounds very good value. :D Any information would be appreciated.
My wife and i have booked the Riu Helios for July next year with Portland.When do you go?

Regards

Sharpy
We have booked to go to the Majestic (new for 2005) through Portland. We have 2 rooms for 1 week (half board). 5 of us (parents x2, kids 21, 16, 11). I think we have booked for July 5th.

I understand from some friends that this hotel can be also booked self catering and I think for 4 of them (kids 16, 13) it was around £1,000.

Hope this helps.

Carrie
Thanks for that Carrie

We go 4th July for two weeks,might see you there.Where do you fly from?

Regards

Sharpy
hey carrie, good choice,we were next door in the victoria palace but the sunbed situation was dire.we spent most days at the majestic and it was great.kids loved it.
We fly from Gatwick.

Never been to Bulgaria before so looking forward to it.

Enjoy your holidays :D Look forward to any reports on Majestic but don't seem to be any yet? :(
Have you considered booking independently? For larger groups you could make a real saving. There are lots of self catering apartment owners advertising their properties on web sites for incredibly good value and prices of flights are coming down. Bulgaria Air is reasonably cheap, for example.
Hi kcm,

Bulgaria Air is reasonably cheap, for example

BA are also doing flights from Gatwick to Varna from March 26th 2006.

Flights are Wednesdays and Saturdays - prices are usually around £75 each way (inc. taxes, etc.) but dearer on some dates.
Hi jammydonut....like you we've went to turkey for the past 3ys and have noticed the prices steadily creep up,so we too have decided to give Bulgaria a go next year.Since we always booked through thomas cook that was our first site to look at,almost booked too till we decided to browse..and could hardly believe it when we found the same complex in Sunny beach,for the same time we are going for £500 less that thomas cook!.....Booked through First Choice.....so advice?....shop around..a few minutes could save you loads! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.