Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi. We went to the Troy Aquapark - believe this is in Belek. We didn't visit the dolphinarium though. The waterpark was quite small - but there was actually a good range of slides and flumes, and kept us busy all day. Wouldn't let your daughter wander around there on their own though - the lifeguards do push their luck a bit!
The Troy waterpark is just down the road from the Atlantis, easily within walking distance. It has dolphin show etc.
Sorry no idea about the horse riding though.

Denny
If you go to the Kadriye municipal beach there is a riding school just behind the Mexican restaurant .Just ask for directions .There are also pony rides on the beach.

Bluepeterno1
Hi
We stayed at the Hemera last year, and paid for the T/Cook day trip to the Troy Waterpark in Belek, we also paid for the Dolphin/whale show too.

Where do I start...............

The waterpark ~ Perfect for those, who enjoy a good fight with other nationalities who hog the large inflatable rings you need for the rides.. We lost our son within minutes, thats how busy it was. Its so busy it was like a cattle market. The food is awlful, not that we expected much at a park, whilst queuing for 1 hours for food, you could see all the flies landing on the pizzas....

Our kids were aged 11 and 7 yrs, and were told they could not go on any rides...you have to be over 10yrs, now are daughter is tall for her age, and they still wouldnt let her on anything . Even with my hubby trying to speak to them. It was still no.. After a long hot search for our guide, and having discussed our problem with the guide, i did managed to speak to the manager, who let me sign an agreement that the elest could go on a ride, if I signed to take full resonsiblitiy should any accidents occur. Apart from that they played on the little climbing frame house in the middle of the toddlers paddling pool. The kids were hot and upset , and this ruined the day for us all..we spent most of the the day trying to locate a ring for the lazy river, they managed to get one 15 mins before we were due to find our coach back to the hotel.

They were other families from our hotel who also had the same problem as us.. We put in a complaint, and also saw our hotel rep, who, managed to get us a full refund of £100 (2 adults,2 kids) within 2 days. He also said that T/Cook werent aware of an age restiction for kids.

The Dolphin/whale show~ Was entertaining, though the pool water was very dark green, you couldnt see where the animals were when they were in the pool.

If i were you, i'd pay the extra and go to Antayla's waterpark and dolphin /whale show. It's much better. Busy but not in your face feeling, food better too.

We will be staying in Belek too, in July/Aug at the Matrim Pine Beach resort & Club, which is next door to the Atlantis hotel, as we are meeting up with friends who will be staying in the same hotel as you...but will not be going back to the Troy park for sure.

I have only told you our experience, and this has be written with honesty to how our day went...
Have already posted on here, but wanted to give more detail about my experience at Troy.

We HAD booked to go to the waterpark in Antalya - there was no price difference between the trips though, and it only cost around £50 for 2 adults and 2 children. We were disappointed not to be allowed soft drinks inside (espeically as I don't drink ANY water), but they let us keep our bottled water (and the sprite inside some of the smaller water bottles!).
Yes, we did find the park busy, but not overwelmingly so - the biggest sqeeze was the changing rooms, but as we had our swim stuff on underneath we just changed by the sunbeds.
There was a lot of Germans there, and they did hog the inflatable rings. However, there was a large number of staff removing these from where they had been left by sunbeds.
We didn't have a problem with ages. My little sister (aged 8) was able to go on every ride she wanted to (obviously she didn't want to go some some of the really tall faster ones, but she went on nearly everything).
The food was actually surprisingly good, although there was a huge lack of seating.
The photographers were extremly good, and we got a lot of lovely pictures of the day.
The biggest problem I experienced was the unwanted attention from some of the lifeguards. They seemed to latch on to just about every girl under 20 in the place, so I really wouldn't advise any female to wander around on her own (like I was stupid enough to do). I was also extremly disappointed to see staff leading around a monkey - but was even more disgusted with the behaviour of the english tourist towards this.

All in all it was a fun family day out, and was a lot more enjoyable than vsome of the others things we did (we found Manavgat waterfalls an appalling waste of money). If you can get a good price for this park, then I would reccomend it. However, I have heard of many people being excessively charged.

Sorry abotu the previous poster's visit. We did go towards the end of the season, and can imagine was it would be like at busier times.
Thanks for the replys this is our first time back to turkey since 2005 we stayed at the kaya belek .We had a fantastic time at the hotel, it was just a couple of weeks later they had a serious outbreak of ear infections and thomas cook stopped sending customers there ,so we have a rough idea of the area .We actually went to the waterpark in antalya booked it at a shop in Kadriye alot cheaper than thomas cook were charging, the only problem the coach stopped off at a jewellers before hand .
I think that coaches stopping off at jewellers is quite a common problem. Almost all of the English people we spoke to last year had suffered this on their trips - luckily we didn't. However, on our trip to belek we were already running late due to a small traffic jam which was blocking on of the road exits.
Hi

The year t/cook stopped people going to the kaya, belek, they also stopped us from staying at the kaya in side...4 days before we were due to fly out....we had stayed in the kaya side the year befpre and had re-booked to go back........... We have also stayed at the Sunrise Resort & spa, and The Hemera in side... this yr settled for Belek, we know its alot quieter but just wanted a change of scenery :)
We went to the Troy waterpark around end of june/ beginning of july time... the prev poster was very lucky to get her sister to be ble to go on the rides...my hubby and son climb the stairs for a ride (queuing as they went of cousre) and once at the top the life guard said no. mu hubby could either slide down by himself and our son walk down the stairs amongst the people queuing or both go down the steps, he got told end of...

Oh well, maybe after the 3 families complained and all got our money back T/cook took it up with the park, and things changed ?

Its diffo the case, on different days possibly different out come.........

Only got 9 weeks and 2 days til our holiday, and cant bloomin wait now, lol
As it's been mentioned above, there are stables as you enter Kadriye beach park or you can book riding at the Bellis. I have not actually been into the Troy park, the price put me off.
I have been to the water park in Antalya, although not the largest park ive been too it was a thoughly enjoyable day out, unless your hiring a car and booking yourself I suggest you go into Kadriye and barter a price.
The place to barter for trips in Kadriye is lets go travel next door to the roman bar.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.