Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
fabsec54 wrote:
Hi

What age does the Napa water park class as adult please?

13 and over
Up until Sunday (6th June) when we left, the Pernera water park hadn't even opened for the season! Our hotel kept ringing for us but there was never any answer and when we walked past it several times it definately wasn't open.
Atlantis was brilliant. Me and my 12 year old son aren't the best of swimmers but this park was great! Most of the rides you used the inflatable rings and the water was always shallow at the end. I did see a height restriction on a couple of the big slides, but i'd guess 7 and overs would be ok? Ive been to waterparks in every country we've been and i loved this one the best! The buses all have 2 euro's off each person on the back of the tickets, also you can print some off their website.
We never had any wristbands (nor did anyone else i see). Wish we had taken our own food as no-one checked our bags and cheapest meal is around 7 euro's each (we did get a cheeseburger, chips and large cola for that).
If you want a good spot for sunbathing there then put your towel down on a bed as soon as you enter otherwise you will probably get one near the back (although this didn't bother us).
Also we were the very last people to leave at 6pm and we waited around 20 mins for a bus only to be told by the taxi drivers there was no more that day. Lots of people ended up paying more for the taxi, but as they were pretty rude trying to get people to get in we said no we'd rather walk than pay the 15 euro's or so they wanted. So we started walking along the main road and before long we came across a bus stop where a Protaras bus came and we payed only 1.50 euro's each, therefore saving about 12 euro's - all for that little extra walk! You will find alot of taxi drivers at bus stops trying to get you in. Keep bartering with them and they will keep cutting the price down! ;)
Malita :tup
Also, the Cyprus Weekly has an even better money off voucher. 9 euros for adults and 5 for kids. The Cyprus Weekly is an English language newspaper - all shops sell it - quite a good read actually - and the coupons are in the middle "pull out section" in a small banner at the bottom of the front page.

Richie
Hi

Does one voucher in Cyprus Weekly cover all adults or do you need one voucher per adult?

3 weeks and 4 days to go. :tup
Its one voucher per adult, but there is an adult voucher and a child's voucher in each paper, so 2 adults and 2 kids = 2 papers
OK, thanks for that.

We are taking two teenagers who should really enjoy it, but two of us will just be relaxing by one of the pools. Do you have to pay for the sun beds?

Thanks.
Do you have to pay for the sun beds?
No you don't
Pubdog wrote:
Do you have to pay for the sun beds?
No you don't

The unreasonable rental prices for most sunbeds always annoys me, but when you have to pay on top of your entry fees it's even worse. Obviously companies have to make money, I'm not disputing that, and I suppose if sunbeds were free everywhere then there would be lots of towels spread across them but no-one using them like there are around some holiday swimming pools (especially with front row sunbeds).
Although a good day out, does anyone else feel been charged 5.50 for a locker is too much especially as we needed two.We saw a lot of peoples bags just left on sunloungers because they didnt want to pay for the lockers with their phones, ipods and wallets there. On the other hand as we had no discount vouchers when we paid to get in we just asked for 2 adults and 2 children even though my daughter is 14 and quite tall and they didnt question it so if you have older children who look younger you can save some money (is this illegal?) :que
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.