Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi,
The water park is not very generous with money off vouchers, however there is a local TV magazine cant remember the name, but in the summer time it offers vouchers for half price entry at weekends only,
My daughter gets it every year with 3 children it saves her a fortune.
I will try and find out, I will take a look next week when I am over and let you know if I find it and if it has the vouchers in.
Thanks very much,

I have been reading reviews on the park etc today and it does appear to be mightly expensive compared to the parks in Spain etc especially as you can't take food and drink in either. It was somewhere we were hoping to visit a couple of times but after reading up about it will now be a one off only.
Just checked it out

€32 for adults €18 for kids
all that for 18 attractions ..........hmm :think
on THEIR website there is a voucher for €5 off for 2010 ---
Elizabeth, I *think* it's simerini (η σημερινη)

There are also vouchers on the front page of the Cyprus Mail every(?) day (except Monday, when there isn't a Mail).
Hi, Ady that's it, I think the vouchers in this one are the best for discounted price.

I will ask at our local village shop if the vouchers are in yet.
I think its the Saturday edition that has the TV magazine with the vouchers, but not sure if they are in yet.
I think they have people walking around Napa as well with discount cards, but not sure how much u get off.
When you get the bus they usually have the discount on the back of the Tickets!!
The new Aeras Magazine for Cyprus airports (got ours just before security on departure!) has voucher for €9 for adult and €5 for child. See page 10 of http://www.cyprusairports.com.cy/docs/Aeras_Part8.pdf but you need an original.

Cyprus Mail has vouchers for €5 and €3.

Cyprus Weekly has vouchers for €9 and €5.

Marion
ive always taken food in and nobody has ever bothered us
We are now stuck between going or not after reading even more reviews etc, the price puts me off but if the children could make full use of everything I would not mind as much but it appears that this is not the case.

I have read that only the adult wristbands allow access to all slides and my two as good swimmers usually use all of the slides in the parks in Spain etc and that's the whole point of visiting such a place for them.

Anyone any views on the smaller park in Pernera?
The other park is ok... but nothing special and a little expensive for what you get... if however you consider it against a normal hotel pool then it has much more to offer... If you want a full scale waterpark though, Ayia Napa is the place... !

:sun2

Steve
your children should be able to go on most rides, i go every year just me and the missus, its a brill day out i guarantee you wont regret it, i just go on the lazy river or the wave pool plus its scorching hot in there, we try and go on a midweek airport day as it doesnt seem as busy, i will be there in september
Stardust.
Our grandchildren age 9 and 7 have been going for the last 5 years, they spend a whole day there, and as the youngest is a bit of a dare devil, she seems to manage to get on nearly everything, even the ones that scare her mum . They are good swimmers having been introduced to swimming since they were weeks old, Even the baby who is 2 now has been for the last 2 years.

They get the TV magazine that gets them in half price on a week end. Look out for it in the local neswagents , it usually has a banner of the waterpark on the front cover, when the vouchers are in.

They go July/August every year and have used the vouchers for the last 2 years.

i would,nt waste my money on the Pernera one, its rubbish, so my grandchildren tell me. :)
Thanks for that info, that's great.

I guess I should have known not to 100% trust the reviews I have read as most are usually mega negative compared to those on here ;)
Never been myself, but they tell me its great fun. :cheers
Definately do not go to Pernera waterpark!! We were talked into going in by the men at the entrance and said we could have a look first it looked ok and our son wanted to stay (2years old) We paid even with discount offered it cost us quite a bit. We realised after paying they only put the water on the rides when you get to the top of the rides and we got stuck on most of them and had to push our way down by hand which is hard work in the heat and with a child on your lap! The lazy river was full of rubbish and we were the only ones in there apart from a strange family who just wanted to sunbathe!! We left after 1hour bored out of our brains. We went to the Aiya Napa waterpark in 2006 and absolutely loved it yes it is pricey but definately worth it and if you can get those vouchers even better!! We found out when we got home from that holiday that we were pregnant with our little boy no wonder he has no fear after going on all those hair raising rides. :yikes
Lindsay.
Thanks again Lindsay,

I am so glad that I asked about the other park, paying through the nose is bad enough but especially if the other park is rubbish. We will give it a miss and deffo go to the Ayia Napa one now and just count it in the spending money budget.
adult wristbands

We've never had a wrist band at Waterworld :shrug
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.