Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Bulgarian climate
142 Posts
just heard from someone over there and the weather is warm
Just had a text from a Bulgarian friend (Varna area) saying that it's overcast and showery there at the moment, but quite warm.
we are off in ten days....cant wait ...only worry is the weather 8)
We have booked to go to Golden Sands from 26 Aug - 9 Sep. Can we expect good weather at this time, or have we left it a little late in the season?
We were in St Constantine last August (flew back on 22nd) and the weather for the fortnight was good, sunny & warm, in the daytime (one torrential downpour during an afternoon while on a trip to Albena) but a couple of evening/nighttime thunderstorms.
if anyone is just back ...can you tell us what the weather was like...been checking it on aol and it has been rain for everyday ...surely that cant be right? going there on 30/5 it show 2 days nice then back to rain :cry:
Clanwylie

Please do not post in phone text style, eg u instead of you. This is not permitted as per T&C's and future posts may be edited or deleted.

luci - HT Mod
Hi,

Just got back quite a mixed bag but expected to get better mind you with the rain still warm.

Martin
Hi, We have always gone late Aug/early Sept for 2 weeks and the weather, touch wood, has always been good. Mid to high 20's. Cool in the evening though. In the last 3 years we had one bad day and that was on the day we arrived, torrential downpour, however, it soon cleared up and the remaining days were excellent.
we are leaving next saturday for sunny beach and i can't tear myself away from the weather forecast. it seams to be indicating rain and thunder storms all day for the next 10 days with little sunshine in between. in between rain will the sun appear, i'm soooooooo pale in colour and i'm in real need of a tan.

also my children would like to know what the milk is like over there. does it taste like our milk.

many thanks.

tara.l

:D please let there be sun. :D
leaving for suuny beach on monday...will get to a computer and let you know....its not looking good :cry:
looking for some info for the waether in May and October. What would it be like in bulgaria - for a relxing week in these months?

Thanks.
Just got back this morning after 10 days. We had one really bad day, a couple with sunny spells and a bit of cloud - the rest were glorious! The outlook is really great so don't worry. I am going to try to answer a few more concerns so keep a look out.
15 day forecast for Sofia...

CLICK HERE
Weather map Bulgaria...

CLICK HERE
this forecast will do us we are off tomorrow.
In general what is the evening temperature in Sunny Beach during August. Have heard that the resort can get a bit cool during June evenings. Is this also the case in August. Normaly, only take strappy tops and dresses on holiday for evenings out and wondered whether I'd need a cardie or something to cover up.
i went to bulgaria last year, the weather was quite hot most the days except we had about two showers towards the end of the day in the whole two weeks we was there. :roll:
I found it cooler (but comfortably so) in the evenings in August in Sveti Konstantin last year than it was last week of June/first week of July in Sunny Beach, when we had aircon & fans at full blast. :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.