Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Differant ball game, I know a canarian who works and lives in the Puerto de La Cruz and he has a holiday home in the south.
I would have thought November would be OK but climate similar to southern spain in winter, gets hit by the trade winds, Teide and it`s range protect the south.
You should be OK then.
Rodz
An example or the differences in temperature betweem north and south.
At 10.00 AM today the temperature in ARONA eg Cristianos was 30 degrees in Oratava at exactly the same time it was 19 degrees.
Personally I would be more than happy with the 19 degrees.
Rodz
Has anyone been to PDLA at easter time? Is it still as hot as a normal abroad holiday? Normal sunbathing weather? :sun2 Whats it like at night (temperature) is it normal at night too??
Flying out next week. What is the latest weather forecast? Is it looking good? :sun2
Thanks for all the replies
Much appreciated

:(
Me, my husband and two teenage sons are going to PDLA on 3rd November. We're staying at the Oro Negro. We would like to know what the weather is like there at the moment. Me and my husband went to PDLA last November and were a bit disappointed with the weather, we had a couple of hours of sunshine every morning, then it would cloud over and stay cloudy for the rest of the day. Evenings were quite chilly, so this year we'll be taking jackets. Someone there last year said the cloudy weather was unusual, is that right or is it always cloudy in November? :que

I hope we get some sun! :sun2
Hi,

Im looking to go to the playa de la arena area. Never been to Tenerife before but all the pictures I see seem to be cloudy:(
Were going the first week of June.

Can anyone tell me what typical tempertures are and if it is cloudy the majority of time.

Thanks
I am traveling to tenerife end of february/march and was wondering what the weather would be like at that time of year?
Hi mattaj81,

We go for March and the weather is normally pretty good. During the day Im always in shorts, have breakfast on the terrace and occasionally have a dip in the pool. You can be unlucky and get some rain, generally good temperatures, sunny and cloudy. The only snow will be (normally) on Mount Teide !

We also go Oct/Nov and the weather is always fantastic, this October is was too hot !!!

Chris
Booked to go back to Parque Santiago 3 on 23rd Feb....done a quick search for temperatures we can expect and sems to be around 70 F in the day and 50 ish in the evening......do you think a cardigan for the evenings would be adequate or would you recommend a light jacket.....also would trousers be better for the nights or will I be ok with a skirt/dress and bare legs.....the only winter holiday I've done to a hot country(other than Amsterdam and Prague)....is when we went to Benidorm in Jan.....I froze as I'd only taken a light jacket and had to buy myself a cardi to wear as well as an extra pair of trousers as I'd taken mainly 3/4 length .....so opinions please on what to pack
Difficult one, but I would go with light jacket and long trousers. We have just come back and it was in the upper 20's during the day, and cool in the evening, but not as cool as I remember it this time last year.

Hope that helps
hi take a chunky cardigan or something warm its going cold at night at the moment my mum and dad are there and feb can be cold at night to
Just had a look at the webcam showing Las Vistas beach in Los Cristianos and was confused why the sunbeds on the beach were overturned and many buried under sand. Then I looked back at the 'last 24hr view' and around 0100 this morning saw the damage the sea can cause - we have never seen it like that before.

If you are interested the link is below - by tomorrow the last 24hr will of course have gone and replaced by todays footage.

UPDATE : Wed 3 Feb 0800 - the images of the 'angry' sea have now gone.

Chris

http://www.arona.travel/portal/turismo/p_107_final_principal.jsp?seccion=s_floc_d4_v2.jsp&codbusqueda=831&language=en&codResi=1&codMenuPN=1091&codMenuSN=1116&codMenu=1240&layout=p_107_final_principal.jsp
  • Edited by TFS1 2010-02-03 07:55:28
Goodness, I have been looking at the webcams for Las Vistas and also Playa Fanabe. Looks like there was quite a storm indeed
90km/h winds according to the website I use. We had those kind of winds in Valencia a couple of weeks ago when we landed - not much fun I can tell you !

Even when the plane had landed, come to 'stop' and we were getting off the plane was still moving side to side - scary !

Chris

UPDATE : Wed 3 Feb 0800 - the images of the 'angry' sea have now gone.
hi yes its been really windy and slattin it down my mum and dad are in loscristanos
they got soaked yesterday
we should have been flying out tomorrow for a month but had to cancel hubby as found out he as angina and got to have a angiogram next week so we wont be going now till november
was watching the news about floods etc hope there is not too much damage injuries etc. have never been to tenerife in the winter months but have had nice time in the summer a couple of years ago.xphx :(
its nice and sunny and warm again today you normaly get a few wet days in jan and feb it is there winter
We were watching the clips on you tube water was raging through the streets god love them hope all are safe...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.