Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
H H and H now gone with a return to more traditional cooler weather with blue skies and a few passing clouds to the north.

Signs of some potentially very hot weather next week as winds swing more to off Africa. Will keep you posted. :really
Early cloud retreating to the north to give hot sun for most. :sun :sun
A lot more cloud today with a rather fresh wind. Best of the sun along the south coast. A little cooler than of late. :(
A day of mixed fortunes with some places having a lot of cloud and some plenty of sun. A strong wind everywhere. 28C. :que
Oh dear, what a grey day. :(
An August day with no sun? :que

Better this week. :)
But when does this week start :(

Horrid today, rain overnight (saved me watering my garden). Bawbee, is it possible to give a more comprehensive weather report, rather than just what you get down in Playa Blanca?
Certainly sweetie. Just find me volunteers in every part of the island to send me daily reports and figures and I'll be happy to let you know.

Do you know any other part of the world, including Britain, where you can find daily weather information for areas a few miles apart? :gluck

Again mostly cloudy today, but breaking in the afternoon in the south and southeast to give hazy sun. Very warm and humid. :wave:
:) Absolutely, and definitely, there are sites that show the weather on Lanzarote very comprehensively, and differentiate between different parts of the island. You cannot compare Britain and its size, with the size of Lanzarote either!!! And if I comment on the weather in my part of the island, you seem to knock me back :que

I would much prefer to see you posting that the weather you are providing is for Playa Blanca only, but all I see is that it provides a platform for you to advertise your Luxury Villas every day :think
there are sites that show the weather on Lanzarote very comprehensively

Really? Do provide a link to websites showing cloud amounts for different locations in Lanzarote.

the weather you are providing is for Playa Blanca only

"Again mostly cloudy today, but breaking in the afternoon in the south and southeast to give hazy sun."

Looks like an island report to me? :que
bawbee wrote:
Certainly sweetie. Just find me volunteers in every part of the island to send me daily reports and figures and I'll be happy to let you know.

Lanzarote Information seem to have something like that :) Though I'm not sure how relevant it is to the majority of tourists that it is sunny in Orzola this morning :cheers Or that my part of the island has been grey, rainy and extremely windy for the past three days! Again, as it is not a part of the island that holidaymakers tend to visit.

It was just my observation that your weather reports are mainly for Playa Blanca, and as you are the self appointed weatherman on here it would be nice to see more information on other resorts more often.
Self appointed weatherman? You been on the vino Suzi? :offtop

I'm not a self appointed anyone. I provide weather information for anyone who wants to read it. Judging by the number of views the topic gets, a lot of people do. My reports are for the whole island if you'd like to read them properly, but it's impossible to provide accurate detailed local information anywhere in the world, and that includes Lanzarote, where the weather can be very different from one part to another due to the topography. It can be sunny in PDC and raining outside your cave as you well know. Who can report that? :que

A much better day today for everyone, including grumpy old cave dwellers, with plenty of hazy and hot sun with cooling winds. 28/29C. :tup
As long as readers appreciate that you are only giving general weather information for the island as a whole, or the weather you are experiencing in the area you are in, I can live with that.

What I do not appreciate are the personal comments you are making about myself. I am neither your sweetie, nor Suzi, nor have I been on the vino, nor am I a grumpy old cave dweller.
Thank you Bawbee for your informative daily weather bulletins, I look forward to reading them and it is good to know about the weather in Playa Blanca with reference to the overall picture of weather on the rest of the Island.
I am sure if anyone else on the island, in one of the resorts, would like to give a report as well it would be well received too and will demonstrate the contrasting weather possible on Lanzarote.
Bawbee keep up the good work and keep your sense of humour ;)

Glad weather improving my daughter is on holiday in "Playa Blanca" and she was getting a bit fed up of the cloud :sun
Thanks Marge.

I am neither your sweetie, nor Suzi, nor have I been on the vino, nor am I a grumpy old cave dweller.

So sorry, I didn't realise you didn't like these pet names.

What about Susie Babes-honey? Yes, that's the one - it really really suits you! :thanks

Another great day today for holidaymakers, residents, and Susie Babes-honey. :sun2 :sun2
Bawbee
Having just spent 2 weeks in Costa Teguise, i've come on here and compared what i got to what you forecast and i find your weather forecasts to be spot on.
Keep up the good work. You're more reliable than our weather forecasters thats for sure.
Maybe people living in other holiday places could take a leaf out of your book and provide us with the information that you do.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.