Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
webcam
5 Posts
The Yassou webcam page has 3 webcams in Rhodes.

http://www.yassou.com/
From the few times i've been in there i'd say tommie's bar gets busier early and late season with ex-pats,it does do well with tourists but kremasti isn't a very busy resort on the whole,to be honest most of the bars in ixia,trianda,kremasti etc suffer from the AI hotels being so numerous in that area,although some do very well regardless,and of course a bar called tommie's that's branded as a yorkshire/english bar is mostly going to be overlooked by the germans/russians/greeks etc etc.

won the quiz in there once one october on a night off from work,our prize.....a voucher for 2 free teas for the next day :rofl
I lived on the island for 7 years and had a bar on Orfanidou in Rhodes Town for 3 of those years. It never failed to amaze me how somone would open a bar or restaurant catering to a specific demographic group in a location where that demographic was not numerous.

Kremasti has the airport and relatively few tourists. It ranks in the top third of places I would not open a British bar.
I guess it depends when he opened. I know in the mid 90s Kremasti was a really popular resort for British/Irish package holidays. I worked for Airtours back then and we had 2 reps covering over 20 properties, a couple of years later they dropped the resort altogether.

I've been back since and the village is a ghost town in comparison. Great to catch up with old faces but a lot of the apartment blocks we had are now empty or residential and several bars and restaurants no more.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.