Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
The Hania Waterpark "Limnoupolis" is excellent - I thought better than one I went to on Gran Canaria. Nicely landscaped too. You shouldn't have any trouble changing money or getting cash out of the "hole in the wall".
dont really want to use the hole in the wall
is there much iff in exchange rate between cash and hole in the wall ???
they take English notes all over crete as payment for goods.
I've never tried to pay for goods with sterling, but I'd imagine that the exchange rate you'd get would be pretty dire as it would probably be an "unofficial" transaction.

You can take cash if you want, but remember that only a small amount of cash will be covered under your insurance. I normally use a mix of - euros bought in advance, euros out of the hole-in-the-wall, an emergency stash of about 200 euro in travellers cheques for when I'm somewhere without a bank or the banks are on strike and another £100 in sterling as my emergency, emergency fund!!!
good god your pesimistic !!!!!(cant spell for toffee )
thanks too all for help
whats the average for a big mythos now days ?
and a main course meal, stfardo or chick kababs or even meatballs ?
Not really pessimistic....we just tend to go off the beaten track a bit so need to "be prepared". I'd say a Mythos in an average bar would be around 2.50 euro (about 90 cents in the supermarket!). Main courses are a bit more expensive than they used to be - about 6-7 euros depending on what you have/where you eat.

Only another 3 weeks and 5 days and I will be supping raki too!

Have a wonderful time.
last time i went to crete was 21 yearsa ago !!
had raki then so never again !!!!!
any more info you feel relivent would be great 1!!
only 2 days b4 i fly
my famiy and me cant wait !!!
No more tips really - get the bus into Rethymnon Town one day and go around the fortress (take water - it's huge!) and have a beer on the Ventian harbour.

Have a great time - I know I will and it's my 10th (I think) visit to Crete!
sounds good mate
deff will being doing that (more than once i would think lol
off tom night so any last min tips would be great !!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.