Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Try San Miguel 1516 for a drier, crisper taste. Cruzcampo is good on draught as is Mahou.
Ice cold bottles of San Miguel for me , i find the Estrella and the Mahou (green) not gassy enough and the Mahou (red) too strong.
I always find I can drink local beer fine in Spain for about 3 days, then I stuggle from then on..

Mythos in Rhodes last year was great :cheers

If only they brewed Smooth Bitter on license at the local brewary!

When I go in August I might end up on the imports (and out of pocket)

-Although I'll give the Sam Miguel 1516 a try - it'd be rude not to
I cant understand all the Brits who go abroad and pay over the top for Carling when there are nicer local beers at half the price.
san miguel and brandy coffees by day

a spanish liquour called pacharan (usually a brand called 'zoco') by night

:cheers :tongue
When in Spain I drink the local lager I like Cruzcampo and Mahou.
When in Greece Mythos and Macadonicos white wine
In the Canaries the local CCC who use to do a bottled lager called Volcan which I cant find anymore.
In Portugal Sagres and Superbock and Joao Perez white wine
I drink anything I can lay my hands on :rofl

I drink lager mostly and love San Miguel but will drink whatever lagers on offer really. Before I go out in the evening I like to have some white wine in the apartment(less than a euro a bottle at Mercadona) and I may have one or two vodkas with lemonade.
Anything that is a reasonable priced I won`t pay 5-8 euros a drink.

Coffee and brandy in winter during the day or vina rosada if it`s lovely and sunny. La mumba`s now and again.

Summer time a cool larger now and again. Vina blanca if it`s chilled well, vina tinto if I can`t get it chilled or if I have to share a bottle with the oh.

A weak gin and tonic sometimes.

Or anything that any of you want to buy me if I bump into you in Benidorm :rofl
Totally with you on that stardust :rofl I do like San miguel and also have a go at the cocktails menu if I am all inclusive too :cheers
Mmmm where do I start, well usually with a lager followed by wine with a meal then it depends what mood I am in but normally either JD and diet coke or Bacardi and diet coke or vodka and diet coke or G&T or if I'm all inclusive then I'm quite partial to a local brandy and baileys or Tia maria and baileys or perhaps a peach schnapps............ or whatever is on the A/I shelf :tup :rofl

Sue :)
usually any draught beer,occasional cocktail if the mood takes me,but always a couple of G&Ts.wife likes red wine,local brandy and baileys also iced tea.

regards percy123.
During the Day its Tea, Coffee and plenty of water 1-2 Litres if its Hot or after a Heavy Night Lol!

At Night its Good Red Wine, White Wine, Magno Brandy or Carlos I if i'm feeling flush, and whatever local beer the bar i'm in serves!

Best Regards - Taggy
Pepsi lite during the day then at night local brandy :cheers
Cor, Sue - your'e not fussy are you? Neither am I!
I do like a 'treat' of a cocktail made in a fresh pineapple but just the one!
My Hubby loves red wine and his treat is a pint of Guiness.
When we go all inclusive, I love their Irish/French coffee, Bacardi and Coke, Martini and Lemonade -
I could go on better stop now or you will think I am a boozer!!!!!!!!!
At lunch time I have either Sangria or Gin & Lemon
During the evenings I like lots of variations (but not all on the same night!!) a Brandy & Ginger,
a cold Lumumba, Cointreau & Orange Juice or a Anisette with water.
For a night cap I enjoy Baileys, Amaretto or Liquor 43.
My husband drinks any of the local draught lagers.
Sue
mahou all the way love it (green) mind cause the red blows ya heed aff was there in june and thats what i drank all the time apart from the hotel witch did not sell it so had bottles of heiniken instead

the fatboy
Go round the gantry!!!!!!

Like cocktails, like a lager around 12.30, like vino with luch and dinner.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.