Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
David,

They might not be bed bugs as lots of bites in the Caribbean can be mistaken for bed bugs but they could be these little critters.

http://www.healthy-skincare.com/sand-flea-bite.html

Few drops of Eucalyptus oil or lemon Eucalyptus oil in to your hand full off suntan lotion and rub on... this is quite effective or Tiger Balm.

Angie.
hi all....in my granma's time....a very long time ago....bed bugs were common here in poor areas....this is how they dealt with them...

1...leave a bar of soap sat in water so it goes soft on one side

2...take it with you when going to bed

3....whip back the bed clothes

4....then catch as many as you can using the soft side of the soap....they stick to it

Sounds like great fun to me :rofl
Hi ladies.

Many thanks for the replies.
Tweetie Pie - As much as I like your solution, I think the last thing I'll want to do on holiday when going to bed is take a bar of soap! Does Christmas and Birthdays mean anything to you? In my case the same applies to holidays!! :rofl
All joking aside, many thanks to you all for your help.

David
God, if I thought I was getting into bed with bed bugs I'd rather not go!!

YUK!!

My friend went somewhere a couple of years ago that had bed bugs and she brought them back home with her and they infested her home!

I agree, they may not be bed bugs, I know friends who stayed in DR last year who got bit to pieces every night.

Touch wood, never had any sort of bite at the Palladiums. So back there in May
Bed bugs???

Things that bite in the night are normally mosquitos in hot countries ;)
dave dee...we have just got back yesterday from iberostar daq and had a wonderful holiday, and as far as we know there were no bed bugs! spoke to many people who all said it worried them before they arrived due to seeing internet discussions on the subject and none of us actually experienced it, i got bitten by mozzies but i do everywhere, it was nothing a bit of repellant could not keep under control-i am sure you will have a great time as we did :tup
Hi Emma.
Cheers for that.Only 91 sleeps to go! :)
Soooooo looking forward to it.

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.