Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Golden Sun went bankrupt in September 2004, they owed millions to hoteliers as they paid them 3 months in arrears, many hotels/apartments went bust themselves as a result.

Unfortunately I was on Holiday (having taken a late cheap deal via teletext with Golden Sun for 14 days) in Gouves at the time they went CRASH! The days immediately following were apparrantly bad as people were turning up at UK airports having booked with Golden Sun and being turned away, we just lost all Hotel facilities which was a blessing ............ another story!

I suspect the Hotel you are looking for is closed or sold and with another company. When I tried a search the only Hotel Aloe coming up was Cyprus!
Hi, We had the same problem when we booked with Golden Sun. We stayed in the Ag. Marina, Chania area at the Ekavi Suites a number of times. The last time we went was early September 04 and we did get to hear of the problems about G. Sun as our friends were reps there. They had problems getting paid their wages as well as the owners having problems too. They were actually taking in Polish visitors at that time to make up for the lack of Brits. I think we escaped all the headaches of the final count down of G. Sun that month as we went fairly early on. We were thinking of staying again in these apartments and did manage to find their email address to book privately, perhaps that is something you could find out about the hotel you are interested in. We also booked with G. Sun studios in Plaka, Elounda but cannot find out who they are booking these through now either. It is very frustrating! :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.