Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Jenny

If you go to the Emre Hotel website they have a live webcam which shows weather in Marmaris from beachfront across the bay.
We stayed in this hotel in august and i can still visualise me sitting on that bar terrace with vodka+coke in hand! I know its not Ovacik but at least it gives you some idea of conditions there now.Happy holidays :sun2
There is a live webcam from the Tonoz Beach Hotel in Olu which is very near Ovacik,
click HERE to view it.
You could then look at the weather and see if its the same as the forecast to give you an idea of how accurate it is.The trouble is it doesnt give you the actual temperature
A friend out there now said it was raining today but warmish. Don't worry too much though as this time of year the weather can be changeable and could easily go back to warm sunshine when you get there.
Thanks for all your replies. Its still looking rainy, but I am hoping it will change and the sun will shine!
It has been on Turkish news how bad the weather is at the moment, there have been storms and floods in some places. The weather reports for the coastal resorts don't look too good either. Hopefully it will brightn up for you when you go next week but maybe you ought to pack a raincoat and umbrella just in case :-?
I came back from Ovacik on Monday 11th Oct.
Had 14 days there and 12 of those were sunny, the others - it rained cats and dogs. So - not bad.

The holiday started with lovely hot 31 degC days and warm evenings, first few days I even needed the AirCon switched on, but by the end it was down to 24 degC days and decidedly chilly nights.
You do need to take something warm to wear in the evenings now and maybe one of those plastic macs for the wet days.

Good luck!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.