General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Irene

There are normally four of us who travel. I pack the clothes into three suitcases, I pack shoes, toiletries and other bits and pieces into a couple of holdalls and also take a cool bag which totals 6 pieces of luggage for the hold then I just take a larger sized handbag with passports/cameras etc as cabin luggage. As long as you don't go over your weight limit I don't think it really matters that there are more bags than people.

Have a great time

Rgds Jackie
I think that to be on the safe side you really do need to check with the operator/airline you're flying with. For example BA used to let you check as many bags in as you wanted as long as you didn't exceed your total allowance but they've now changed their rules for domestic and some shorthaul flights and while the hand luggage allowance is now more generous you're officially only allowed to check-in one bag per passenger for free and you're charged a flat fee for each extra bag even if in total you're still within the weight allowance. Having said that, it does appear to be very much up to the check-in clerk - I haven't actually been charged for a second bag yet!

SM
Would be interested in knowing what makes people are using as I am thinking about buying a couple. I am not good at packing light, I like to make sure I have taken enough of everything and i am not one off those who doesn't wear or use anything and regret taking so much so really don't want to cut down any more than I try.

Our suitcases are quite heavy in my opionion and I have been looking at the skyflite bags and the titan rock bags so interetsed to know if anyone has used them - they are about £55 quid and weigh just over 3kg.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.