Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Unfortunately they are not obliged to sell it to you at the price advertised. That price is "an invitation to treat" and no contract is entered into until such time as they agree to sell it at that price and money exchanges hands.

luci :wave
I had exactly the same thing happen to me in Dec. '07. A well-known 'cruise company' leaflet came through the door advertising a cruise which we fancied at a remarkable price. I tried to book it & was told to ring back on or after Jan. 1st. as the offers related to the new year. I rang as requested & was told that all the places had been filled! Now, I knew that it was obviously an error in the printing, but they wouldn't admit it! I complained & wrote an official letter but got absolutely nowhere. I wouldn't have minded had they been honest, I rang citizens advice & even though they can advertise something at a certain price, they are not breaking the law by not selling at that price. They were still adamant that the cruise had sold out at that price, which was utter rubbish!
Sounds like they are all at sea, as it were.
The Independence will be on a 11 night Canaries cruise starting on Nov 1,2009. It starts and ends in Southampton.
They can't give you something that does not exist.

It is a canaries cruise not a caribbean one.

Price may have been about right current cheapest direct is around £975 so this may have been cheaper at some time. Cruisekings had this at £725 on the 13 Jan which fit in with your prices, there are cheap flight to southampton.

Whenever I see a deal that looks good I always check on-line with the company and with a couple of agents if possible including the US.

Some deals do go quick because there are not a lot of cabins especialy the last minute.

I have seen some Fred Oslen deals clean out in a couple of hours especialy if there is a SOLO rate offered as well as a good 2pax rate.

NCL lastminutes can be hard to get as well, I have got cabin on-line direct that no agent would even try for.

which was tour Dec07 cruise I have records going back that far.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.