General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Now then, thats a difficult one !! Before we were married, me and hubby had some fab hols in europe, but one year decided to splash out and went to cancun for 2 weeks, oh my gawd !! it was brilliant, so memorable, we did culture for the first time and met some great americans and canadians you just don't meet in europe. cried all the way home from that holiday !!
The year after we decided to go to cuba to get married, that was a very special holiday as 9 months later our fab daughter was born !!
But then again, every holiday we've had with our l'al lass has been the best, ( apart from whitley bay, eurgh, shudders )
so, we go to jamaica in 2 weeks and maybe that will be our best one !!!
I can honestly say I've really enjoyed every single holiday I've ever been on - even 2 weeks at the Palm Court Malta (those that have been, will know EXACTLY what I mean!). I firmly believe a holiday is what you make it......... Sunshine, relaxation, no cooking and NO WORK!

Denny
I've enjoyed most of my holidays, but my favourite would be Vgeas, we got married there last year.

I loved Sorrento as it was just so different to what I was used to.

Helen
denny, Palm Court, Malta, yes. That has to be the least best holiday I had and the worst hotel (way back it was half board so possibly not as bad as it appears to be now but breakfast was literally bread roll and jam and evening meal was like school dinner plus you had to share tables), however it was a bargain price and we still managed to have a good time. I was not enamoured by the resort of Qawra though.

As you say though, you make the best of wherever you go - spending all your time whinging makes it worse!
hi helen 1985 you said you really liked sorrento,is it a siteseeing holiday, or a relax around the pool holiday.the reason i would like to know ,is that we have considered going there one year,and its nice to know of other peoples experiences.also is it best to go as a couple without your children because i find our son gets bored with siteseeing, its a age thing your advice would be appreciated regards john :really :really :really
This is a hard one , every holiday is bestist holiday , until we go somewhere different the next year and thats the best, have always had a good time wherever we go . I think last years was one of the better ones though as we went to Rhodes for the first time, as we usually go to spain , mainland or the islands, and there was just no comparison .
Choices eh! all of them have been special for different reasons - Dom Rep, because our first time long haul and the hotel was brilliant and the staff falling over themselves to make you happy. Costa Dorada as it was my sons first foreign holiday, Med cruise as this was the first time cruising...soooo many. The next one is usually the best one though...
I don't think I've ever had a bad holiday,though some were more enjoyable than others. Which was the best, I really don't know. Maybe my first visit to India many, many years ago or again my first visit to the USA almost forty years ago when I toured Arizona, Utah, Nevada and California in a camper van. My round the world trip in 2002 combined with a three week tour of New Zealand in a motorhome and......no I really don't have a favourite. My favourite holiday destination though is New Zealand and I'm hoping to visit there again.
Johnhainsby - Its a bit of both to be honest but not a great place for children.

:offtop My husband and I went together (we have no children yet) and there was only 2 very young children in our hotel.

There is lots of walking in Sorrento and its a great place for exploring - Capri, Naples, Vesuvius, Pompeii, Herculaneum etc.

We did spend a few days by the pool though but not many, i'd suggest it as an adults holiday.

Helen
hi helen thanks for your advice,i thought it would be an adult only holiday,so we will have to leave it for a few years.regards john :wave: :wave:
I loved Sorrento, it is great for getting out and seeing stuff. I agree not really for kids.

I had a colleague who was going there and I was gushing about how great it was and she seemed really pleased that she had chosen it.

When she got back she told me she had not enjoyed it very much. Apparently it was 'too old'.

I forget sometimes that some people will only consider a holiday to be a holiday if they are in a modern apartment complex. :(
Mine has to be where I go every year - fuengirola and the costa del sol, just love the place, food, sunny hot weather, cosmoplitan feel, wine, the days out, scenery..I could go on...9 weeks to go :cheers
every holiday i have had has been brilliant but i would say the 2nd time i went to florida in 2006 would be the best as we got married over there, everything was arranged by the wedding co-ordinator so i just got to relax till the day :)
It's very hard for me to say because most have been brilliant and the reasons for being 'best' change over the years.

You are going to laugh at this now but my 'best' girlie type holiday was Faliraki in 1990. It was lively then but not mad I would hasten to add. It truly was such a brilliant holiday and my friend met her husband there as well.

Then I guess in more recent times I would have to say that the holiday that tops them all was 2004 my first gulet holiday in Turkey. It was just fabulous and I'm now addicted. :cheers
As helent and shirleyh mentioned, we had 2 large family holidays. I have to say I really enjoyed them, but I was on medication that made my skin extremely sensitive to the sun. I had to wear long sleeved t-shirts, and even while under a sun umbrella, and a towel over me, with full sun block, I was still burning through. That did put a bit of a dampner on it. I've loved every holiday i've been on, as I do think it's as good as you make it. I had a great holiday in the Cotswolds, not sure how old I was (10ish). There was a massive lake right outside the caravan, where dad and my brother used to fish, and I used to colour while watching. The geese used to frighten me though, they used to corner me and I had to scream for help :rofl There was also 1p slot machines in the arcade. The best ever I would have to say was my honeymoon. 3 weeks travelling around New Zealand in a camper van, and a week in Hawaii on the way home to relax. Absolute bliss :D
Like many others I enjoy virtually all my holidays but my best holidays have been in Salou, love the place and cannot wait to return.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.