Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
not sure the two go together i think either taditional or up market can't think of anywhere there is both :sun2
Side,Lots of good 4and 5 star hotels and an amazing old Roman town.
Datca, still traditional and out of the way but many wealthy Turks holiday there - Politicians, film and pop stars, Generals etc. Beautiful scenery and the ancient city of Knidos just down the road. One of Turkey's most beautiful hotels Mehmet Ali Aga Konak is there - a restored Ottoman house.
Belek - all five star hotels and central to plenty places of interest ,ancient city of perge ,aspendos and many many more .

Bluepeterno1
I too would say Kalkan, September is quite busy there then and not many vancancies especially in the hotel we go to..The Meldi one of the best.
Cesme A lot of wealthy turks holiday there and it has a predominantly turkish feel although there are british tourists Cesme resident can give you more up to date info as it is a few years since I was last there
Alacati near Cesme is very upmarket and definately the place to people watch. Ä°t is a beautiful old restored town that attracted the rich and famous Ä°stanbul Turks and its market on a saturday is really good. Accomodation in alacati is expensive and no tour company goes there so you would be better advised to stay in Cesme and visit Alacati and the surrounding beach clubs where the young rich Turks hang out. We have two dolphins now at the Altin Yunus Hotel in Ä°lica and we are worth visiting just to give them a cuddle.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.