Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
We have been to Bangkok twice and Phuket 8 or 9 times Krabi 4 times, Khoa Lak twice, Kho Kho Khao Island once, Chiang Mai once. Our holidays have grown a lot over the years, we base ourselves in Phuket for June, July and August and drive to various places if it looks good we stay awhile etc. We have only been home 4 weeks today from 3 fantastic months, only another 32 weeks and we will be back lol.
Cathy
I spent a fantastic August this year travelling throughout Thailand and Laos. The weather, other than the odd few days of rain (and I mean rain !!!), was generally excellent. Starting off in Bangkok I moved around quite a lot travelling down to Phuket and visiting the islands of Phi Phi, Phang Nga, Krabi etc. I went way north to Udon Thani and from here visits to Nong Kai, Ban Chiang and over the border to spend a few days in Laos. Travelled south again after this to Ayutthaya and then over to Kanchanaburi for a stay. From here over through Bangkok and down to Pattaya for a few days. I finished the remaining night in Bangkok.

I will be going back hopefully in April 2009 and celebrating Songkhran in either Bangkok or Chiang Mai. I also hope to visit Vietnam and Myamar. I found Thailand to be a stunning, beautiful country where friendliness and customer service is second to none. Needless to say the weather in April is much hotter than it is in August so all the water throwing seems to be a good idea :D

A word of note - I travelled by a sleeper train from Udon Thani to Ayutthaya and all I can say is the trains are not Pendolinos with soft suspension and sleeping on one is a challenge in itself. A memorable experience non the less.
We were there for Songkhran in Bangkok and its full on- not like the time we had in Hua Hin. We are talking buckets of water and bags of flour. We found in Hua Hin that it stopped at night but it didn't in Bangkok and that was a bit of a pest when you were dressed to go somewhere nice. Two poor souls turned up the airport for the flight back to the UK covered in flour. to be honest, I was glad we only had a day of it. Have to admit though that when we were leaving the Grand Palace I was really hoping someone was there throwing buckets of water :rofl Would you believe it- no-one!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.