Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
While you are waiting for a reply I just thought I'd welcome you to HT :)
thank you fiona :) Actually, I've found the answer to my question about malaga train station. I just need the info on getting to tarifa.
Hi and welcome to HT!

There is some information on getting to Tarifa HERE

luci :wave
Malaga Centro (Alameda) station is closed for the next few months. Trains from the airport only go as far as the mainline RENFE station.

Details at:- http://www.renfe.es/cercanias/malaga/mapa_zonas.html

A.M.
Comes (see link) operate a Malaga-Tarifa service from the main bus station near Malaga Renfe. Times are 7.30am, 12.00, and 15.30pm. Costs 10 euros.
http://www.gotarifa.com/en/arrival/bus_schedule.html
Mike we are going to Torremolinos on 21st September and were planning to go to Malaga for the day. Will the train station in the centre of Malaga be back open by then. Its really close to the shops etc and we also go to Malaga for the day.

Thanks Steven
Don't think so Steven. This was the announcement last February:- "RENFE, the Spanish railway company, has
announced that widening of the tunnel to the Alameda station in Malaga is to go ahead at a cost of 23.4 million
Euros. The work will allow more local trains on the Fuengirola line to reach the Centro station. The platform at
the station will also be lengthened from 100 to 160 metres. The work is expected to take nearly 2 years".

A.M.
thanks for the info folks :) much appreciated :cheers

AguilaMike, where's the renfe mainline station in malaga? thanks for posting the link, but it wouldn't open because of the anti-virus I have installed.

I will probably end up taking a taxi from the airport to the malaga centro hotel. Have you any idea how much this would cost? I wish I'd booked a hotel in Fuengirola now, as I know it a lot better than malaga and at least the train station is open there! LOL
The mainline station is about 0.75Km south west of the city centre. http://www.multimap.com/s/1gyo53rH

I guess the taxi fare from the airport would be about €12.

A.M.
AguilaMike, thanks for the info :) can I pick your brain one more time? According to a map I have found the bus station and train station are next to each other (I am hoping this is the right bus station for the bus to tarifa) the train station is on Calle de la Explanada de la Estación. Is this the one that is closed at the moment? I hope this is the right bus station as it's only 16 minutes by foot to the hotel where I am staying. Also, do you have the name of the street where the train station that is open is on please. I find it is much easier to find stuff on a map if I have the name of the street, since there seems to be several train stations in malaga I am getting a little confused.

thanks again for your help:)
The bus and train stations on Calle de la Explanada de la Estación are the ones you want.

The one that is closed is underground so it probably doesn't show up on a street map.

A,M,
Thanks Mike can I ask another question. What do you think would be best, getting the bus direct from Torremolinos, where we will be staying, into the centre of Malaga or getting the train to the 2nd last stop (Renfe I think it is called) and getting a bus from there. I am not sure what services there are at the train station so wouldn't want to take a chance and get off there and find there are no regular buses or taxi's.

My wife loves shopping and it is always good to go to Malaga for the day.

Many thanks Steven
Malaga RENFE station is a major bus/rail interchange but it's a bit of a trek from the city centre.

There is a taxi rank and there are regular shuttle-buses into town. I have walked it and it took
about 25 minutes, but I'm 64 and not as quick at walking as I used to be. I wouldn't like to do it
with a lot of shopping !

A.M.
AguilaMike, thank you so much for this information. I am really pleased to hear the station nearest to my hotel is the one that is open. You're a star :)

The bus and train stations on Calle de la Explanada de la Estación are the ones you want.

The one that is closed is underground so it probably doesn't show up on a street map.

A,M,
Cheers for all your help Mike glad I looked would have been a nightmare if we had just turned up for the train and realised that the station was closed. I think the option of getting the train to Malaga Renfe and then a shuttle bus would seem the best option. We have a 2 year old and the trek from Renfe intothe centre would be too much. The bus from Torremolinos I think would be too long so this seems the logical option.

My wife and I can't miss a trip to El Corte Ingles !!

Thanks again

Steven
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.