Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
Laganas the party capital of Zakynthos has an excellent wide sandy beach gently shelving into an azure blue sea, the village has a multitude of clubs bars and eateries, but if you don't want the noise then go for a hotel on the edge of town toward Kalamaki or even Kalamaki itself further round the bay

yasus
wizard
Thassos takes some beating when it comes to beaches.
lassi, kefalonia has some good beaches.

percy123
The best beaches in Greece, in our opinion, are on the island of Elafonissos just off the coast of the southern Peloponesse. Fine white powder sand, shallow turquoise sea backed by grassy dunes. However you wont find any A.I. here and you are unlikely to find any Brits either.
Agree, Elafonisos has fantastic beaches, if a little light on local accommmodation!

The best sandy beaches in Greece are on the mainland! Which is also some 20% to 30% cheaper than island resorts for food and drink.

The Peloponese offers 70km of sandy beaches down its western side - with hardly any visitors. For better facilities though, try Navarino Bay, especially Yialova. Right on the SW corner there's a stretch of sandy beaches and coves all the way from Methoni (lovely castle) to Finikounda. After that there's 2km of Meni beach, just north of Koroni (more castles), then a series of smaller beaches all the way to Petalidi. After that there's 10km of sand all the way across the bay of Kalamata, then Stoupa has three coves, rather crowded in high season.

The other big areas of sandy beaches are on the peninsulas west of Thessaloniki, though these become quite crowded during the peak Greek holiday season (14 Jul to 28 Aug)

There's lots more about the Peloponese on my web site - including how to get there, things to see and do in the area. Google 'jimb' to find it, or 'jimb greece'.

JimB
http://www.jimbaerselman.f2s.com
Includs a tourist guide to Messinia, the SW corner of Greece.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.