France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
shirley h wrote:
My son informs me that they're staying in the Aquitain area of France, that's about all he knows. I understand this is quite a large area in the South West. I will have to ask his gf exactly where the villa is :que

Not really
map of Aquitaine we got just North of there as Montendre is Pitou Charente we are a little South of Jonzac it shows on the map above too

Bet they are somewhere near Arcachon ;)
Hi Mad caravanner,
They are staying at a place called Caubon-Saint-Sauveur. Do you know it? They arrived late afternoon after travelling down overnight on Friday. He sent a text to say he'd phone me today to tell me more about the place :)
shirley h wrote:
Hi Mad caravanner,
They are staying at a place called Caubon-Saint-Sauveur. Do you know it? They arrived late afternoon after travelling down overnight on Friday. He sent a text to say he'd phone me today to tell me more about the place :)

Not really we are usually 60 miles North as the crow flies

Which in France is another country sometimes I think they are near to someone I do know who has a campsite near there but for our route she's off the track by a LONG way so we don't usually get down there
Hi there
We are going to Le Ranolien in Brittany on 21st August - can't wait! Haven't been before, so really looking forward to it. Crepes and more crepes - lovely!!
F45 :tongue
I'm booked up for next year, one week down Languedoc region, then a week in Spain, followed by another week in France, this time around the La Rochelle area

Can't wait!! :)
Hope you have a fab time, Cider :D
I had a good time in St Omer :tup Rough crossing though
It will certainly be interesting, Tarry

I've driven my dad's motor to Brittany before, but this journey is a bit of an epic. 3 locations, and just under 2800 miles!!!!
Just booked for next June. Going to campsite near Blois. If its anything like the site @ Berney Rivere we went to earlier this month, we are going to have a great holiday
we are off to France for Oct half term :)
staying the wkend at the in laws place,about an hour from Limoges, somewhere in the middle of nowhere lol

Then onto Berny Riviere again for mon - fri
doing a day @ Disney and another @ Parc Asterix
Just booked for 2010 in the Limousin region, travelled to France on many occassions although never been to this region before. Staying near Brive-la-Gaillarde if anyone has any titbits of useful local knowledge :)
Anna :)
We have rebooked with topsun going back to la sirene in south of france for 3 weeks 4th -25 sept 2010
I'm in Gard (30) and I am visiting Uzès, a beautiful little town with a castle, "le Duché d'Uzès".

I recommend this trip to every Provence lover. :)

Bye !
We are counting down the days to June when we will be motorhoming down through France and across Northern Italy to Croatia. First two night stop will be Annecy, our favourite place. We have been told Croatia is as beautiful as France, anybody been?
We have no definite plans as yet but I favour a gentle meander round France with a fw 2 or 3 day stops in various places plus calling in on a few friends here and there. At some point the in laws may fly out and we can all spend some time together. Not decided yet.
Well off to Pitou Charente again next month for a week combining it with a shopping trip too running out of stuff like
Screen wash concentrate
Olive oil
Vinegar
Wine
Pineau
etc

and I'll get some fishing in too
We are off on the 23rd March back to Charente Maritime, this time for 4 months :cheers Can't wait but hope the weather improves before then as they have had rain, rain and more rain since we left in November :yikes Carol
gallopinggoose wrote:
We are off on the 23rd March back to Charente Maritime, this time for 4 months :cheers Can't wait but hope the weather improves before then as they have had rain, rain and more rain since we left in November :yikes Carol

LOL
Carol we return from Montendre on the 24th
Going on the 6th may for just over 2 weeks, stopping of in Reims on the way down to Vaux Sur Mer near Royan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.