France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
OFF TO LE PALMYRE (NEAR ROYAN) END OF JUNE FOR 3 WEEKS!!
WE STAYED THERE LAST YEAR FOR 2 WEEKS BEFORE HEADING TO DOL DE BRETAGNE (DES ORMES) FOR THE THIRD WEEK.
well back to Montendré in September
there is a rally for a caravan / camping group I'm in and I am going as tourist info for them :D

going to get some fishing in too
Have fun :) In the course of this year, I'd be popping over a couple more times :D
madcaravanner wrote:
there is a rally for a caravan / camping group I'm in and I am going as tourist info for them :D

A caravan rally! That could be fun, do they do an off road section? Do you race each other or is it against the clock? Didn't Top Gear try this?
We are back in Nieul le Virouil (near to Jonzac and 6km from Mirambeau, Charente Maritime) and after having some really hot sunny days - guess what - yes you guessed it today we have rain and it is cooler :cry The weekend looks hopeful though and Meteo says we should have temps in the 80s next week :sun2
Carol
Hi De Hi wrote:
madcaravanner wrote:

A caravan rally! That could be fun, do they do an off road section? Do you race each other or is it against the clock? Didn't Top Gear try this?

:rofl

Yes that famous Caravan Club Member Jezza a fact he keeps rather quiet

Rally is an other term for a "lets meet up" gathering this one just happens to be in France
madcaravanner wrote:
Hi De Hi wrote:
madcaravanner wrote:

Rally is an other term for a "lets meet up" gathering this one just happens to be in France

I knew that really!
Me again just for the day (can't get any more time off work) in July
Booked the tunnel the other day plus overnight stops in Reims going out and Arras coming back. having a week in Colmar with the inlaws. Hopefully will be bumping into Alsacienne as well while we are there.
We're off on the 7th of June to Chateau Les Eaux. Going by ferry from Rosslare to Cherbourg. Bringing the big red funbus with us. Thats what my son calls our 7 seater re Seat Alhambra by the way :)

Bring it on.

Ivan.
Catch a late afternoon ferry from Dover next Wednesday, then a quick trip into Belgium for my baccy, then back to an overnight hotel stop at Abbeville.

Next day down to another overnight stop at Isoire, south of Clermont Ferrand.

Then Friday morning, up and over the Millau Viaduct and onto spend the next 10 nights at Argeles Sur Mer, staying at Le Soleil with Eurocamp in a mobile home. :sun2

Not decided on the route home yet, just go with the flow. :cheers
Leaving on Friday. Have started to get the car ready.
Leaving for France (again) on the 6th September and can't wait. The weather here in Buckinghamshire is horrible at the moment and it is supposed to be August :yikes
Hoping for some sunshine in Charente in Autumn like last year :cheers
Carol
I am off to Sable D'Olonne in Sept for a week, never been to that part of the world before and really looking forward to it. :cheers
Does anyone have tips or ideas of what to do in the local area?
Also we are driving down from Cherbourg, does anyone know any good places to stop for lunch on the way?
Got back Sunday 1600+ miles door to door. Had a great time in Alsace and we did meet up with Alsacienne and her hubby. No problems with the driving in France just the bl00dy London Orbital car park (M25)! Why can't they just buila big flyover across the whole of London to allow the rest of us to get into Kent?
In reply to tezzatime:
Does anyone have tips or ideas of what to do in the local area?

La Trance-sur-mer is a lovely town with an excellent beach.
La Rochelle is definitely worth a visit ( avoid the road through Marans, it's a nightmare). Loads of restaurants around the harbour.
The Ile de Re is beautiful and worth paying the 16 euros to cross the bridge. If you're feeling active you can hire bikes and use the miles of cycle paths to see the island. Also, go to St. Martin for ice-cream. It is fantastic. You can't miss the ice-cream shop.
If you fancy something different try Puy du fou (google it). It's a theme park with superb shows and is great entertainment for kids (and adults) of all ages. It's probably best to get there mid morning and take a packed lunch as food is expensive.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.