Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
whose going 2011
18 Posts
Me too but not until September!.

Sent from my HTC Hero using Tapatalk
We'll be in Albufeira on Easter Sunday all being well. I have lost count of how many times we have been and we still love the placed.
1st 2 weeks in july for me, albufeira.
We're off to Alvor, Algarve, on the 16th June for 2 weeks.

Lisbon for a long weekend in Sept.

And hopefully back to the Algarve for the Portugeuse Masters late October
We have just booked for Lagos in August :cheers
1st 2 weeks in July, Albufeira again :tup :cheers
Olhos De Agua in September, our first time last year, liked it so much have booked for two weeks this year! :tup
:think I wouldn't mind trying to fit in an end of season week down to the Algarve.
Hi
We have always gone to Cyprus in September which is still very hot, but must admit it was very pleasant last year in the Algarve, it can go a little chilly at night though, but lovely during the day!
Roll on September :)
[b][/b]We're going to Portugal for the first time..Faro on the 25th of September for 3 nights for our 25th wedding anniversary!
Can't wait to see what it's like.
Don't know anything about the place but hey :que who cares...no kids, no work for a few days ,no wories :cheers
Hi

I'm sure you'll like it, 23 sleeps for us...... :cheers
Albuferia in under two weeks time... :rofl
we will be going to Albuferia for the 3thd time at the end of sept :sun2
Just come back from a fortnight in Lagos. I couldn't believe how much prices have gone up!
A word of warning for anyone travelling to Portugal in the near future. If you have room in your suitcase, take your shampoo and shower gel e.t.c. as personal hygiene items are very expensive now. (I paid 2 and a half euro's for a bottle of shower gel). The euro and the pound are virtually neck and neck at the moment, so 2 and a half quid for a shower gel is more than twice as much as what I pay in England. (I buy mine from Asda for £1 a bottle).
Also, take your own painkillers. I paid 7 euro's for a box of paracetamol and a box of Ibuprofen in a pharmacy in Lagos. You cannot buy these items for a few pence from a supermarket like in England, so your hangover could cost you dear. (That's if you can afford the beer now in Portugal, which isn't much different from back home).
Pandy1956,
thanks for the information, im just going to pop down to morrisons, and stock up on painkillers and toiletries as im going tomorrow afternoon..
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.