General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
49 Posts
Well I booked my April 2010 holiday at the end of April 2009, so I am guessing anytime soon.
Last year the summer brochures were very late going on sale, ie around June time if I remember correctly.

Previously they have been on sale end April/May as I generally book a good year in advance.
I noticed that the Thomsons in town is now starting to advertise 2011 holidays...
I asked at First Choice and they told me 19 April so not long now.
It is not going to be that soon. There are training sessions on 2011 for Thomson staff taking place in May before it goes on sale. This is what my friend who works for Thomson told me yesterday. I think it's going to be late May\early June.
i went in first choice today to pay my holiday and asked about next year and was told 26 april
I was told the same yesterday when i was in First Choice , brochures should be in shops , but if not they have holidays available on their systems , so all i have to do now is decide where i want to go . So i think the First Choice shops are going to be busy come the end of April.
Local Paper
First Choice Advert
2011 Holidays
On sale
29th APRIL 2010
in my local town all travel agents had boards outside saying 2011 brochures out on 29th April watch this space
Thanks all
Thursday it is!!!!
I hope they do releaase them on thursday, we haven't been away for the last 4 years & are desperate to go :)
Thomas Cook website shows... Summer 2011 1 day to go.

We're not getting away this year so we want to book next year quick smart.

Helen
we were in thomas cook today. the girl in there says they go on sale 9am tomorrow. can't wait :cheers
I'm sure I remember this difference in dates last year, and the goal posts kept moving all the time.
TC's website says "Summer 2011 on sale now" but doing a search i've only managed to find 2 holidays to Cancun & that was searching for any destination, i hope they put some more on later.

EDIT: It's now bringing up 9 holidays, still all for Cancun though!!

EDIT: 28 now, Dom Rep, Kenya & Cancun still no Greece!
unless its just long haul thats going on sale today?
Laura1988 wrote:
unless its just long haul thats going on sale today?

I was thinking this as well but on the sumer 2011 page it lists Turkey, Majorca, Tunisia, Egypt, Tenerife & Fuerteventura but searching for any of these brings no results, hopefully they will add the rest later.

Spoke to someone @ thomson yesterday & they said that they are releasing their holidays tomorrow but that they might not be available online for a week or two after the in-store release.
Problems on their website now. After waiting ages for the page to load it goes into general error.
shirley h wrote:
Problems on their website now. After waiting ages for the page to load it goes into general error.

Probably due to us lot clogging up the system :rofl :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.