General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: 2011
49 Posts
I'm glad I booked early last year for both this year's Easter and Summer holidays as a few weeks ago they were both £200 more expensive- The summer one's no longer available.

I always book when I think the price is right but not quite as early as this. I am looking forward to viewing all the holidays on line asap though, as this is how I pick my holiday. I will be researching all the details, deciding where to go and following prices for the next couple of months. I hope that by the time I come back from this year's holiday (end of Aug), the price will be right and then I'll book for next summer ;)

I might just decide to book for next Easter in the next few weeks :)
Ok I've just sussed something out. When I entered a specific date for a search to any destination from Cardiff, it only came up with holidays that had flights departing on that exact day, which is why it's not coming up with much. So I entered the following day's date and it came up with different destinations. You may need to put in several dates to give you more options. It used to ask if your dates are flexible and offer alternative flights but so far, it only gives you the holidays for the exact day you searched for.
Thomson's site is up & running now, some really good prices as well, 2 weeks SC in Kos is coming up at £932 for a family of 4 :cheers
Wow that is good ...what dates is that for ...i'm going to start looking now i have to take august school dates .
Llindy wrote:
Wow that is good ...what dates is that for ...i'm going to start looking now i have to take august school dates .

That was for the beginning of May, haven't looked at any later dates yet, we don't normally go during the main summer hols as our son doesn't cope too well with excessive heat (as we found out when we went to Zante & had to fly home after 3 days).
Well done Thomson. I've just priced up a couple for school hols and there are a few reasonable deals there from cardiff. Thomas Cook only have one holiday to any of the Greek islands, showing for Cardiff departure. Things are moving slowly with Thomas Cook.
The Thomson website doesn't work very well on my work computer. I'll get hubby to check.

I'll vary the dates on Thomas Cook and see what I get.

I actually got a good deal for Benalmadena to a hotel we went to before SC and it now does AI :cheers

Helen
thomson and thomas cook have very limited stuff online when i look........

first choice lady just phoned me, and is pricing a couple up for me, but first choice are not online yet
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.