General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Re: 2011
49 Posts
The home page for Thomas Cook still showing 'Summer 2011 Coming Soon' :que
Kiltman HT Mod wrote:
The home page for Thomas Cook still showing 'Summer 2011 Coming Soon' :que

Yeah, just checked and it's showing that on mine as well now, 6.30 this morning though it had "Summer 2011 out now" Either they are having problems or they're holding it off until Thomson release theirs.
^ When I first checked it said on sale now.

I prefer to book online I hate all the hustle and bustle of a travel agents, especially our nearest Thomas Cook they always have really loud blaring music.

Helen
looked on thomas cook website 7am this morning and it said holiidays 2011 on sale today. when i checked a few nothing was available, thought they would most likely go on sale at 9am. just checked again now, and its no saying 2011 hols coming soon :duh
http://thomascook.inbro.net/

you can download the new 2011 preview brochure there.

:tup
TC shop just phoned me as I had pre registered for next year. The holidays are available from today and she is calling me back with a price. I had just been checking on the website when she called - there are a few holidays coming up, so they must be in process of getting the site updated.

Who'll be the first to book I wonder??? ;)
littlegang wrote:
http://thomascook.inbro.net/

you can download the new 2011 preview brochure there.

:tup

just downloaded one & every holiday i was interested in says "the holidays on this page are NOT included in the big price rewind offer" just my luck!! :rofl
They are slowly but surely adding things now.

Helen
helen1985 wrote:
They are slowly but surely adding things now.

Helen

Still nothing for Kos yet :(
Tried searching for summer school holiday period- any destination and there's nothing coming up from Cardiff or Bristol. There are about 6 from London Gatwick and Manchester at the moment.
I've found some for Tenerife, Cyrpus and Costa Del Sol from Glasgow, then they dissapear.

Helen
^ so far i've managed to get Turkey, Cyprus, Zante & Crete from Birmingham but STILL NO KOS!!!
It may also depend on the dates we're looking for :que
I'm searching for 17 July.

Oak I cant get Turkey and thats one I want.

Helen
helen1985 wrote:
I'm searching for 17 July.

Oak I cant get Turkey and thats one I want.

Helen

I've just done a search flying from Birmingham to turkey, 4th May & it's brought up 2 results for Ephesus Princess in Kusadasi (quite good prices as well actually for 2 weeks AI).

EDIT: Just changed departure airport & it says that it's not available.
Spoke to TC who said that not all the hols are loaded even on their system yet. She gave me a quote for the holiday I want - £2456 for 2wks SC in Menorca for 2 ad and 2 ch in July/Aug school hols (paid just over £1900 last year). No free child place and only £20 discount. I remember last year when the prices first came out they seemed high and a couple of weeks later they dropped somewhat, so just hope they do the same again.
it looks like its getting itself together now, just been looking at longhaul and that's available so im assuming it's all done, not wonderful prices though, pretty normal stuff...
...but still no kos, how very odd....
Dont know if this is going to be any help to anyone but this is what to do on the TC website for now until they get up and running properly.
I was looking for a specific hotel in Egypt for next year and it wasnt showing up in the search. I chose any hotel and clicked on the continue to get a final price. What happens then is a "chat box" appears asking if a live person can be any help. I chose yes and asked her for the hotel I was looking for.
She told me that only the top 100 hotels are on the site for browsing but she could get me a price on any hotel I knew of as all holidays are live but not showing.
She got me a price and flight times and all that stuff. It actually worked quite well. At the end of it you get emailed the transcript of the whole conversation to print off.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.