Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Hi Random number, I live in Bristol too. Last June we bought flights to Dalaman from Cardiff for this coming August. We paid £96 each. The site is http://www.aegeanflights.com but everyone is saying flights will be much dearer for next year. Keep checking the site, even with having to pay for an airport hotel the night before plus parking its still worth flying from Cardiff for us.
I am looking for a holiday at the moment, to go on Friday 13th June. I have always booked late deals within 6 weeks of departure, and always paid under £250pp for 2 weeks self catering in 3* central location.

Have never been to Turkey before but really want to this year. I've noticed this year there are a lot less cheap deals available (to anywhere not just Turkey) and as Emso said earlier the prices don't seem to be dropping but still seem to be selling.

I wonder if its to do with the Mytravel / Thomas Cook merger as we have found Mytravel much cheaper in previous years for last minute deals.

Ah well will keep looking! :sun2
Maybe its to do with the worldwide credit crunch, everyone is suffering including travel companies.
Aegean Flights.
Flight to Dalaman 22 December 08 to 3 January 09 Leaving Manchester £298.return.

H4U (Aegean Flights,Onur) for the same period in the Hotel Serin bed and breakfast Marmaris £249.

Proof enough for me that the flights are being pitched high with a view to selling thier package holidays.

Gene
And proof below that it need not cost the Earth to book holidays late.
05 May 08 21:00 OHY622 Belfast - Dalaman 05 May 08 7nts SUNGEZGIN HOTEL 3 SUNS(Marmaris, Turkey)TWIN3 (x1) BB12 May 08 17:00 OHY621 Dalaman - Belfast -----------------------Price Details------------------------2 ADULT PRICE 598.002 FUEL SURCHARGE 100.002 RETURN TRANSFER 52.00 2 AIRLINE PASSENGER DUTY 20.00 2 LATE BOOKING FEE 30.00 2 PRICE ADJUSTMENT -572.001 DEBIT/CREDIT CARD SURCHARGE 5.70 Total Price: £233.70.
Note also this is for 2 people at £116.85 each.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.