Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Because of the falling pound against the Euro.
But Turkey doesn't deal in the Euro...............

Strawberry
September is very busy so lack of hotel space and seats on flights bump the prices up.

Prices go up as availability goes.

Last year there were no flights to Dalaman from Northern airports mid September onwards as the place was full to bursting.

John
because big companys want sell only packages
thats why prices up and oil as well
high in the world
So glad i got my September flights and hotel booked last year :cheers

Ive just checked our holiday and if we had waited till now it would of been £600 more :cry

And that is DIY holiday not T.O

We are also going in May and we paid £70 each for a flight :sun2 just checked website now and same flight for one person is a whopping £460 thats shocking :rofl
same here aegean have gone from the cheapest to the dearest by a long way, there are 10 of us going in aug with a massive increase on flights of £2950 !!!!! thats horrendous , nearly an increase of £300 each , i cant understand why the flights this year have gone up quite so much unless as someone previously said they are trying to encourage package deals
Well next year we may do a package deal if the prices go sky high in June when they release them :que

Ive noticted in some shops there is some good deals to be had its just been in the right place at the right time.

Never thought id be thinking off a package deal again :really but im quite gratefull at all the cheap holidays we have had to turkey over the last few years.

My youngest daughter is 19 this year and last year was the first time in 11 years that ive had to pay for her always got free kids place for her :tongue

So i can not complain can i :rofl
yes the flights are expensive perhaps a lot more people are going to turkey this year luckly booked flights last june for this august . i will be very suprised if aegean come out with those cheap flights again ,thers site a probably crash if the start of £70 again !
I think Aegean have done OK selling the flights cheap last year. Think of the interest they have gained on getting the money in early.
i agree prices have shot up
even package holidays in school hols have sored in price
we go to the yasmin bodrum resort turkey 24th may flying from manchester at 22:10pm and i looked other day its gone up to 649pp for a week since we booked on 11th march thats a increse of £113pp theres 6 of us going
same as for our 4th august holiday to club kadikale turkey flying from manchester at 9:45am that price has sored to 849 pp for the morning flight we on thats a increase of £290pp to what we paid when we booked last year and thats just for a week

cant think whats happening but next years brochurs come out onthrusday 17th april what priuce going to be then hopefully they got some good prices for booking that far in advance
We booked the Belcekiz Beach last Nov for 15 Sept at a cost of £795pp. Cost now online is £1010, so we saved a couple of hundred quid each by booking early. We also saved a bit on the brochure price which the online price has now gone close to.

Increases probably due to poor pound/euro conversion and increases in jet fuel costs. It's a gamble to book early, but has paid off for us as we're locked into the cheaper price with no surcharges to pay if costs increase.
I don't understand why people say the Euro is affecting prices on holidays to Turkey, as they deal in the Lira, I must be missing something on this. :think

Probably the reason the price for the Belcekic Beach Hotel going up is more to do with it being a quality hotel. When I stayed there I booked 9 months in advance, and the price went up from about 649 per person to about 949 over that period. It might just be supply and demand.

I think that the TC/MyTravel and TUI/FC mergers have had a big impact. Any spare seats on planes used to be sold to DIY'ers keeping DIY flight prices competative. These flights have now disappeared due to flight consolidation programmes.
I was under the impression that the Lira was ties to the Euro a few years ago, which stabilised the currency and largely halted the inflationary pressures on the Lira.

If the pound falls against the Euro, then there will be the potential for that to have an effect on holiday prices. Perhaps the biggest impact in the spot holiday market will be jet fuel, which has increased perhaps 10% since the start of the year. This will have an impact on the price you pay unless there is a no surcharges paragraph in your package. DIYers might not have this protection and thus pay through the nose for flights.
I had a look to see if the price of my holiday to Turkey in June has changed since I booked it a couple of weeks ago.

It's gone up by £150 each!

:yikes
i work as a travel agent , and we have noticed alot less availability for holidays this year, due to major companies merging and cutting flights back. also some greek island flights have been stopped (from newcastle ) therefore there are less holidays to be had.companies probably know that they don't really need to drop prices as what is available will probably sell.in our shop we are noticing more people asking to go to turkey due to the poor euro rate as they will get more for their money there than in spain,canaries,greece etc. when i serve customers now i am offering more turkey and egypt for this reason.just as another point, i have quoted people flight only to various places for this summer and the prices are very high to alot of places.i dont think diy or late deals are goodnow(you probably think i'm biased) but i definately think families with children are better booking early and getting free or reduced places i always book way in advance and my holidays always go up alot when i check neare the time. diy can be good if you are prepared to wait for budget airlines to release seats( i am not patient enough)and i find again can sometimes cost more unless you book very early.
Very true emso, we booked our holiday in Icmeler, for this year, last year, and it was cheaper than the one we had last year, that was a late deal but still dearer than this years, also we are in a better hotel right on the beach. Also got £186 off for booking on the internet, when I looked at booking the same holiday it was £300 dearer. So we will have the money saved to spend, I see that we should be getting about 2.56 ira to the pound this year.
Ive been doing DIY for the last 5 years,and every year has been cheaper than the last.this year going in June,got flights for £97 each and apt for £15 night for 2 of us,so we decided to go for 3 weeks this time,total £273 each inc private transfers,but I think 2009 wont be so cheap for flights!! waiting in anticipation to see what they are going to cost when they go on sale!!!,keeping my fingers crossed.
Same here Crispy we also waiting for flights to come out for next year
We were lucky we paid £70 each for a flight in May and the same for Sept/Oct flights
Hopefully we will get same again when there are come out :tongue
Even at £100 a flight there are still cheap :cheers
Crispy, which airport and airline do you use?

I live in Bristol and although I've searched on several occassions I've never found any cheap flights going to Turkey.

Cheers.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.