General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
David HT Mod wrote:
So David after all that , What are your thoughts on the topic the thread is actualy about???

I have read several reports in our forums recently from returning holidaymakers who say how quiet their hotel or resort was this time compared to last year or previous years. They mention empty or closed down bars and restaurants, etc. If that is how resorts are being affected, then it is perhaps understandable that HTs might also have fewer pre-holiday enquiries or post-holiday reviews.

David :wave

Thank you for that in depth analysis David. :tup
I would like to thank you for your contributions too MilleMiglia they are always very interesting ;)
Miss Pink wrote:
I would like to thank you for your contributions too MilleMiglia they are always very interesting ;)

Its getting a bit scary now miss pink, the way you seem to stalk and comment on my posts.
If you dont like what I have to say push the."IGNORE" button.
Or just think.of something constructive to say yourself rather than snipping at views and comments that have nothing to do with you xxx :tup :duh :wave:
Why would I want to stalk you I have been a member of this forum for some time now and enjoy being here and at times your manner is a little sarcastic which I felt you were towards a Mod, not very pleasant. I don't think it is necessary either to PM me, you are not a friend of mine now or do I ever want you to be, so if you have anything to say please say it on open forum not by PM
Leave me alone! And if others have concern let them voice there opinons and not you!
Who the he'll do you think you are? Please leave me alone!
I will say this for the last time stop sending me PM messages they are not pleasant
If anyone is receiving unwanted pm's then please forward them to myself or one of the mods.

Can we now get back on topic please.
Thanks for the replies on the maxi dress , i thought i was missing out on something? the only times i had come across the word maxi was on a packet of nappies and a rather unstylish car produced by British Leyland in their heyday 1970's , why anyone would want to wear a dress associated with these products was confusing :que :think .
I did look at the threads but after a few posts my brain had gone to sleep in the same way when the missus declares that we need to go and look around a few clothes shops, we now agree a meeting point and she goes off and i go and play in the sony centre for a couple of hours which is handily located next to mcdonalds. :offtop

My earlier post was about the fact when looking for info about resorts, hotels etc i wanted up to date info and that does depend on a site being busy and having regular up to date posts/reviews which are relevant. I did a review for a hotel we stayed in menorca in june , i was late posting it but said i would on a post in the menorca forum , i noticed that the last review for this hotel was in 2006 and it is a popular hotel , i know that i looked at TA for reviews when i was booking and also the discussion forum on there, and that gave me the info i required quickly without having to look to hard. If other people come on here and can only find reviews which are 5 years old they will look elsewhere and that might explain why the forum is quiet. I am going to Dubai in november, and have had a look for info , there is a Dubai thread (6 pages) and the top of page 6 is posts from 2007 , there is no reviews of Hatta Fort which is where i'm staying , that hotel was built years ago , i have looked elsewhere for info , and ok the TA forum isn't over-friendly but it is informative and relevant to what i need. I think we all agree that HT is friendly (well mostly) but if reviews are old or non-existent then people will drift off elsewhere, and if the majority of new posts are just holiday chit-chat that will only appeal to a select few.
:rofl At Andy . And yes as much I hate to admit it agree 100% with all of that .
Yes, same here. It's a shame more people don't post reviews on HT. It's the first place I post a review and then if I can be bothered (or remember) I post over on TA.
Yes, I always post a review here. I have never posted one on TA for the simple reason I think they are absolutely swamped with them. I really don't want to read 200 reviews on a hotel. I also don't trust their reviews. I love this site,it's user friendly and the mods do a fantastic job.Thanks everyone. :wave:
Me too. I post my reviews her. Mainly because I feel we need them and also because I feel TA has enough for people to take an informed view, trouble is I have started to go to private villas and cant post review on them (here or on TA) so that makes my contributions to that side of HT even less.

I do wonder if casual visitors even know we have a hotel review section though. I think most who come on think it is mainly a holiday chat forum for asking specific questions.
that is very true chris and visa versa , those that find the reviews site via google dont always know about the forums because the 2 have different web addresses .

I have a very good friend that has checked reviews here for years but never knew the forum existed . We spoke about HT frequently when she was booking a holiday and i'd just assumed wrongly that she was talking about the forums .
I have just clicked the 'view new posts' icon for the first time in the six years I have been here (normally use the front page) and your post came up Lyn. :rofl
When looking for hotel reviews it depends on my destination as to which review site I will check out first. Many of my holidays are taken to off the beaten track places and with experience I have found that very few HT members will have been to them, so my first stop will be TA where I almost always find reviews. If I am going to a hotel in one of the European or North African countries then I will check out reviews on HT.
Like Lyn I have a friend who thought that HT was just a hotel review site but she stopped using it years ago because there were rarely reviews for the hotels in the destinations that she was visiting.
Hi Judith - I think everyone agrees that we need more up to date reviews of hotels etc and yours would be great too if there are not the usual package types, have you added yours :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.