Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi Jugsy,
the whole thing is a nightmare. Luckily I phoned them too as they told me a confirmation letter had been sent weeks before I spoke to them, but it hadn't arrived. If I hadn't have phoned and spoken to someone I'd be still waiting for a claims number.
I don't understand why somebody hasn't taken them to court. Surely there must be some sort of legal procedure to follow. How can they hold on to our money for all this time without discussing our individual claims with us. Apparently, they say they've had all the info they need from me for some time now, so why the hold up?
I'm just so glad that my claim is only for £130 and that the CC company has paid out in full for us being "stranded" last September.
Then in the meantime, the directors of XL, wiping away their tears of course, lo and behold set themselves up in another (in the case of Phil Wyatt some people have forgotten how many times this has happened to him...Sabre Airways, Peach Air et al :que ) airline taking bookings from the hard pressed travelling public..terrrific innit...and the best bit is this is all within the law.....which is truely an ass. Kiss flights???...dont be silly I`d rather walk..

My greatest sympathies though to those still waiting for their money back, awful...
Just received an e-mail from CAA
Sorry, but personal correspondence should not be reproduced on the forums without the sender's consent. Please feel free to summarise in your own words, without actually copying the content
David HT Mod

I enclosed copies of all the correspondence with my e-mail - including the e-mail from Airflights confirming that they'd sent off my paperwork to the CAA on 20 October :banghead:

I will call them later today....of course this means that my original Visa statements etc are out here somewhere
Elenitsa, how frustrating, to say the least. I think another phone call from myself is due :duh
Hi there,

I have booked a holiday to sharm el sheikh for oct 09, at the time i did not think anything of it and the package was with viking airlines.

Since reading on here I am really worried, has any one used this airline more recetntly as they all seem to be old posts? Are the reliable? I notice they are part of XL who went bust?

Also I saw one post that said that they use a little old aircraft and they had to move all the customers about to balance the plane to get it off the ground. I am really worried now, can anyone who has used them recently put my mind at rst?

Thanks

Kellylee
Hi Kellylee ... welcome to Holidaytruths. For our Viking Airlines Q&As topic, please click here.

David :wave
I paid in full by credit card for 5 flights to Tenerife through Travel Republic in June '08 (over £1200). I was treating my daughter & grandkids to a holiday departing 19 November '08. I still have not had my claim settled either by CEGA or CC. I was so upset that I had to let my family down as there was no way I could afford to book something else. Now I'm angry at the interest I've lost. 2 weeks ago I was told by CEGA that my claim had been flagged for the settlement person allocated to me - today they are not taking phone calls; just a recorded message which made me feel I was back to square 1 - I sent an E-Mail immediately. Their website also makes it look like there has been arguments about whether ATOL or CC are responsible for claims. Needless to say I also rang up my CC who said as soon as I get a letter or E-Mail advising that the claim should be referred to the CC for settlement then I'm to send that to them immediately. Luckily the CC confirmed they are still holding all the documentation necessary to deal with the claim. I'll keep you informed of developments.
Same here roadrunner. I've posted more on my situation in the Travel Republic thread. My credit card company won't consider refunding unless they have written confirmation that the CAA won't pay out. They are keeping my documentaion to hand just in case. It's just so annoying, not knowing what's happening.

My refund's only for £153 (2 return flights). I really feel for you. I'd be desperate if they owed me that much :duh
Has anyone had a refund for tickets purchased to get back home. The flight we were offered was on the wrong day and the wrong airport (three hundred miles away), we bough tickets ourselves to get to the right end of the country and have been refused any refund. Our flights were booked through Future Travel (never went bankrupt) who booked us through Allburry Travel (never went bankrupt) who got us tickets on Viking Airlines (never went bankrupt), no mention of XL or KOSMAR anywhere. So going away tomorrow, but when we come back we are going to take the case to the small claims court.
Hi Deckhand

we were stranded in Fuerteventura and had to book our own travel back with Ryanair to Dublin then onwards to Manchester

I booked using Halifax Visa and got a full refund within about 12 weeks

guess we were very lucky judging by the appaling way some of the other people have been treated

good luck to all with your claims
Hooray....got my refund less the credit card handling charge. Happy bunny now!
Howcome XL Germany and XL France are still operating ?
were they not sold off just before xl went belly-up ?

surely nothing to do with the complexities of winding up foreign companies compared with how easy it is in the uk ?

:offtop I know .....................
Hi all

A long shot, but.....

Does anyone have a copy of the PDF seat maps that used to be on the Excel/XL airways website? They had them for the B738, B762 and B763.

Also, would anyone happen to have a saved image of one of their routemaps, or even saved schedules?

I would be really grateful if someone did and could PM me.

Kind regards

rm2242
Heh. :)

Sorry to hear that. At least your sense of humour didnt go into administration as well!

rm2242
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.