Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
What a pain - you don't need this kind of thing when it's a wedding. They're stressful enough anyway.

Your contract is with the Tour Operator (probably) and the agent is acting just as an agent. I'd deal directly with the T.O.

I think the important aspect is they will be incapable of providing a significant proportion of the facilities expected when you booked. 3 out of 6 restaurants closed is significant. I feel Virgin should offer alternate accommodation of equal or higher spec. Alternatively, if this cannot be offered you should be given adequate recompense or given the option to cancel with a full refund.

Cancelling is perhaps not practical at this stage. The offer of $25 credit to be used at an alternate hotel is perhaps realistic if the hotel you are staying at charges, typically, $25 for a meal. There are still three other restaurants in the chosen hotel remaining open.

Talk to Virgin and see if they will increase the $25 credit offer and get clarification as to how their offer applies. For example, will they give you a voucher worth $25, or several vouchers even ? Will they require proof of spend in this alternate hotel and refund upto $25 of that cost ?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.