Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
May need a cardi for evenings, but should be ok.

The number one piece of advice I can offer for that part of Majorca is ..........Mozzie Spray!!!!!!! I never get bit - last year I came home looking like I got chickenpox!!!

Think it was due to all the canals and lakes around Alcudia/Playa de Muro.

The old town in Alcudia's a pleasant afternoon - nightmare getting a taxi back though!

The Pirate show is meant to be very good, though haven't been myself.

Hope you have a great holiday! We're off to Cala D'or September 16th! Yipee!

Plus I have to admit this site is soooooooo addictive - you have been warned!

It's a wealth of info! :lol: 8) :lol: 8)
Tom, Satisfying both kids and grandparents on trips, you might think about Marineland in the south (dolphins etc), Rancho Grande (not that far from Playa de Muro, with horse riding, wagon trails and BBQ/entertainment evenings). Pirates is great but it could work out pricey for you all. Excursions are arranged at the Lagotel, but you might try also No Frills Excursions based in Alcudia; they're cheaper - you'll find info for them all over the place. There is a water park (Hidropark) in Alcudia that might be a good option for the children rather than the ones in the south if the grandparents aren't overly keen.

Playa de Muro has a great beach - only hope the seaweed doesn't build up, which it does occasionally.

This is the season for what can be some heavy weather, so you might get the odd downpour. Otherwise it'll be good and warm but yes you'll need to cover up a bit in the evenings.
Thanks for your imput. Can't wait till Tuesday,started packing and the famous bumbag has come out of the cupboard!!!! :yikes

Tom
The pirate show in Magalluf is a brilliant night out, I'd highly recommend it both for adults and children. I had a seat right next to the stage and the cast were literally flying above our heads.
Nothing wrong with Bumbags!

Mine comes out even when we go to Alton Towers!!!!!! :omg Make sure you wear it on Pirate night - you'll fit right in!

Have a super time - just remember your Mozzi guard :lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.