Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
Hi

Lindos Sun is about 1km from the village so is walkable but would advise getting a taxi back if late at night for your own safety (road safety rather than personal safey).

A couple of suggestions for bars - Socrates (plays different sort of music to others bars such as Credance, St Germain), Ikon where you can watch the world go by in comfort, Byzantine which is a nice, friendly and comfortable wine bar.

Don't worry about being on your own, everyone will make you very welcome - its that sort of place.

Chris
Lindian Apollo ,Betty are George are really nice and really make you feel welcome it has lots of regulars who use the place year in year out.Good atmosphere in Lindos by night.60's bar really lively but still friendly atmosphere.Try Symposio for a meal really good food,Acropolis restaurant for good food and a fantastic view while enjoying your food.
Rick.
Thanks Rick and Chris, just got to find my way to these places now without getting lost :lol: From what I remember, Lindos has alot of windy narrow streets, still that's all the fun of the holiday, getting lost and "accidently" discovering new places. :)

Sue
Hi Sue H
if you like Greek music call at the Courtyard bar and ask When Jack, the owner is playing. He usually plays the bouzuki at least once a week it used to be Sunday at 10pm but worth checking, he is very good. Its a nice bar up a side street off the main street through the village. Also i agree with Juggernauts recommendations they are some of our favourite haunts. Also http://www.thelindianway.com has a list of restaurents and bars along with pictures of them to give you a taste of what they offer

Mike
:D

Hi Mike, thanks for the link...what an EXCELLENT website, I've saved it to my fave's and will read it all in due course, I feel as if I'm getting to know the place already :)
Sue
Hi again Sue H
Another website that might be of use to you is http://www.lindoseye.com.

Mike
Thanks Mike, another good site, I'm really getting a feel for the place now :)

Sue
:) Mike you seem to have a good knowledge of lindos and i was trying to get some feedback on Caesars and med east the first for the location and the second for the food as we all love chinese.By all i mean my bride to be [on june 2nd st pauls] :love and our two sons 9 and 5.
have read all of your pre mentioned sights but would like some first hand experience or recomendations.
Hi Kevsar266
Never eaten at Ceasers but there is more info on this place in the restaurant section on http://www.thelindianway.com. As far as its location if you walk from the main square down the main street through Lindos until you get to the bank with the ATM turn left and then i think right at the museum bar and it is round there it is right up against the hill the acropolis sits on, like it says the only restaurant with a roof top pool. Med East is on the right hand side going up Krana Hill near the village cemetry food there is very good but it is not a chinese despite the name. To get to the chinese approach Yiannis bar (the people watching bar) from the direction of the main square and turn left as you get to Yiannis, and the chinese is down there (50 to 75 yards) cant remember its name not been in because not a great lover of chinese but it does have quite an extensive menu, prices dont seem to bad.
Places i have been to and will be going back to this August are Dionysos, excellent food and a massive menu to pick from, the Mythos roof garden restaurant which does nice fish dishes, the cassa della pizza is part of this restaurant if you like great freshly made pizza. I have never had a bad meal at Kalypso, but Med East is my favourite.
i dont know if you have been to Lindos before but as far as your kids are concerned ours are 13 (will be 14 while in Lindos this year) and 8 they love the place and are made welcome in all the bars and restaurants we go in, the Greeks are very family orientated and love kids. Hope you have a great wedding in Lindos, we had our honeymoon there in 1992 and have been back most years since.

Mike
Excellent reply mike thanks.what are the med east specialitys that you could recomend :?:
I'd like to try Doinysos this year heard it's good.There's a nice place in Pefkos as well that sells indian and chinese food we went with a greek friend who recommended it and it was very good,we always visit the chinese in Lindos and the food is always good.
Rick.
:D obviously i dont expect you to remember the entire menu , but can you get some of our favourites such as crispy duck , special chow meins and curries etc' in other words is it like our menus :?: Not that we dont't don't like a change. we are off on wednesday and will let you all know how its all looking. we are staying up the coast at the esperides[for the kids] so we will also report back on there supposed revamp in the family block.Thankyou all for your excellent help and advice. Also roughly how much for taxi St pauls bay to kalithea this year :?: .Thanks again.
kev+sarah
The chinese has a huge menu on the wall outside with prices (most restaurants in Lindos have this) so you will be able to see if your favourite dishes are available and more importantly no nasty shocks when the bill comes. If you like curries there is also the Lindian Indian near the courtyard bar although a hot curry in the August heat could well see me off. The pork in plum sauce is excellent at Med East, there are also some nice chicken dishes with wonderful sauces, and stifado the local stew.
:D Mike
Duck in plum sauce is one of my favourites, is duck available over there . :?:
Sorry veggies :oops:
Dont remember seeing duck on a menu, lots of chicken, lamb, pork, steak and big variety of fish. But i cannot imagine that any chinese worth its salt would not have duck on its menu
The Captains House is a traditional Lindian House with a lovely quiet garden and is lovely to sit and have a drink at - you can sit in their courtyard with a book for hours and listen to their music.
Re: Chinese at Lindos.

We went here a few years back (2001 I think??) and remember seeing the chinese in Lindos town which looked lovely, outside eating I believe, it was enclosed by a large wall, however you could see in windows, gate etc. We never tried it in the end, although did try on numerous occassions the Chinese in Pefkos at the main road.

Last year (May) we went back, in Pefkos there was a new Chinese which was practically over the road from the other one which is still open. Was pretty good, very smart inside, they seemed to have a few eating places within.

However the Lindos one I thought was closed? At night we where in Lindos on most nights and not once was it open. Maybe we happened to pick a bad date and it was closed due to maybe a holiday or the season, but it looked pretty deserted from where I was, was disappointed as we really wanted to try it out. So it it really still open?

FD
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.