83 independent reviews of the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments
Address: Calle de la Lava, 4, 38678 Adeje, Spain
Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments
Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Location
Ranked #3 of 4 hotels in Callao Salvaje

Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments is rated 3.16 out of 5 from 83 Reviews

Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Reviews

Davies stayed at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments, Callao Salvaje, Spain in May 2009
May 22nd to May29th
Arrived about 8.45pm, informed that the Restaurant would be closing at 9.00, we foolishly thought that we could get a snack once we had unpacked...Wrong...no snacks???.The bar stopped serving free drinks after 11pm although you could still buy after that (2 for 1)..
The room was clean, TV rubbish unless your American (CNN etc) or Spanish, maid service was good, no complaints at all. The food was as you would expect, 3 star, not fantastic but edible some days you had little tags to let you know what you were eating, others just had to guess ( there is a menu by the water cooler that gives you some idea though).
You have to feel really sorry for the Restaurant /Bar staff in fact these are one in the same, they run around like headless chickens trying hard to ...
clean tables, serve drinks, dry cups, plates etc in the kitchen. The greed of the owners (if they are aware of the staffing shortage) and lack of judgement of the management is unreal; nothing short of dismissal of the powers that be would be my answer. (Sorry getting carried away)
The bar/ function room opens at 9pm, again understaffed, out of the 7nights we stayed the last 3 nights had only 1 member of staff serving, 15/25 mins waiting time in a red hot room, remember we were there in the quiet period.
Pool was cold but refreshing, the heat beside the pool sometime unbearable..
Bingo seems the order of the day, Sticky & Stacey do a Fantastic job in keeping everyone entertained, the snake show is gross, parrot show is ok, be aware that these people are out there to make money and try to get you to have your picture taken at every opportunity (10 Euros each time

Tour Operator: own

MR NOBLE visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments in December 2008
This place is now called the \"MERLIN RESORT\".Rooms were of a decent size,but lacking in wardrobe space.Constant smell coming from the toilet .Food was reasonable with a decent choice.Plenty of sun loungers with cushions but they were filthy and attracted flies all day long.Sticky the entertainer was different class and worked all day long.Maids never went into overdrive and we hardly saw them.New years eve was a great night down to Sticky and the singer who performed.Good facilities for kids.

Tour Operator: SELF

Natalie stayed at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments in December 2007
Athough I would not come back to this hotel as the area was too quiet for me I was happy with most things the hotel offered.

The daytime entertainment was good if you was willing to take it up, there was always something going on (water volleyball, killer pool, football etc.)
The night entertainment is good but very repetative especially if you are there for two weeks.

The food was not the best but it was edible, and you always found something there you liked. Breakfast was the best meal of the day with a choice of a full english, cereal or bread and butter. The snack bar could have offered more but I never used it.

The bar staff were very polite even though they worked long hours. The reception staff were great and when I had a problem ...
with my room they were happy to help and got it sorted quickly.

The rooms are quite big with a seperate bedroom, I was very happy with mine. There was only one problem when they made a bed up for my son on the settee which would have been fine but he\'s only 2 but I went to reception and they brought me a cot within 20 minutes.

The pools are lovely but cold, we spent most days up at the top pool with the jacuzzi as it was a lot quieter and not as deep for my son.

The hotel was clean although they buffed the floors every day which made them extreemly slippy and a lot of people slipped. The maids always cleaned the rooms to a good standard and clean towels and beeding were put in every week day.

The location is not very good with only a handful of shops and bars nearby. If you are one who wants to just stay by the pool it would be great. The hotel does offer a free bus to Las Americas everyday, which is good ad the bus stop to Los Cristianos and other places is two minutes away from the hotel.

I would definatly recommend the hotel if you are wanting a quiet relaxed holiday lazing by the pool but not if you are there for the shopping and cubbing.

Tour Operator: Qwerty travel

Sacha visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments in October 2005
After reading various reviews I was a little apprehensive about this holiday.

When we arrived here we very pleasantly surprised!

The room was of a basic standard but as we new it was a 2* hotel we didn\'t expect 5* luxury.

Upon arrival we found that the balcony door did not lock and as we had a 2 year old this needed to be fixed, which it was within 20 minutes of arriving.

The facilities were of a very good standard. The pool and surrounding areas were cleaned throughly every morning before breakfast.

The food was of a good standard and there was plenty of choice all week, we did not go hungry!!

The staff were very helpful and polite and very good with all the children.

The entertainment apparently was good, even though we personally did not see it as the music was a little ...
too loud for a 2 year old.

It is a shame that this will no longer be a First Choice hotel from November because I would definitely return.
So for all of those people who slated it....you were obviously sold the wrong type of holiday by your travel agent, you get what you pay for and for the money this was very very good value!

Tour Operator: First Choice

James & Kira stayed at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments, Callao Salvaje, Spain in October 2005
I would definatly not visit this hotel again and would not recommend it to anybody! It is situated in the worst possible location where there is nothing to do for miles.

The only thing to do to entertain yourself is either sit round the pool all day (which I couldn't personally do), go on the excursions offered by first choice which meant spending more money with them and for the price of the hotel and the holiday you would think that there would have already been enough to entertain yourself within the hotel itself, or thirdly look around the very small and pathetic town of callejo salvaje.

So overall not a great deal to do. Was personally very disappointed with the room itself to, thought having to pay for the tv was all appaling like people have already stated why ...
pay for the tv when you have already payed so much money to go all inclusive.

Last but not least the food was not very nice it was more or less the same everyday and alot of the time it was chips. Yes maybe good for the children but just because we are English does not mean we crave chips....lol....

The breakfast in the morning was the same every single day...sometimes we didn't even got up for breakfast we were that sick of it, and the dinner and tea was fairly rubbish too.

On the last day of our holiday James was very ill from what we believe to be hotel food.

The entertainment was classic butlins style like previous people have stated.

Another thing we believe to be appauling is the fact that our plane or our pickup time was not till midnight, and we were kicked out of our rooms at midday. We found this to be really bad as I stated before James was very ill that day from the food which of course made it impossible for him to laze around the pool due to the intense heat so we had to sit in reception all day, and were not allowed a room to stay in.

So overall about our hotel we were very very disappointed with the quality of the room service and generally everything about the hotel.

Tour Operator: First choice

kelly stayed at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Hotel, Callao Salvaje, Spain in October 2005
This hotel is a disgusting, filthy hole, if you have booked cancel and save your money.

The pool is freezing and filthy, the food is always cold, the chef is sweating all over food. Food is same every evening, always cold, but you get too heat food up in a dirty stained microwave & nobody smiles, it is more like a prison.

My kids were bored ridged as they could not go in the pool, when they did we had to call emergency DR as they were screaming, along with several other kids in pain with a mystery rash.

On to the \'entertainment\' to sum it up in one word \'crap\' adults are asked if they need the toilet \'go now\'!!!! Before bingo starts, bar waitress may poss crack if they smile and really get you in ...
the holiday mood by tutting every time you get a lovely watered down drink, I drank several vodkas every evening and did not even feel in the slightest bit affected headed.

Caberet acts were entertaining to say the least, my children, aged between 3 and 11 saw a charming chinese man shove 6 inch nails up his nose with a hammer! Lovely!!

The best part of this holiday was the flight home.

Save your money and cancel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heidi visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments in October 2005
We stayed at this hotel in October 2005 and was a bit weary as we had read the reviews on it, but was pleasently surprised.

The hotel was very clean and the staff were very friendly, the pool was a bit on the chilly side but when the temperture reached 104 degrees it was quite welcoming.

The entertainment was great and kept the kids and adults amused. The location was a quite one with plenty of little gift shops and restaurants nearby and local bus to Playa da las Americas was right outside the hotel.

Cant fault this holiday at all well worth every penny, its just a shame that it has been took over as I would have liked to return again next year.

Tour Operator: first choice

Donna stayed at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments, Callao Salvaje, Spain in October 2005
Dont know what these people expected for a budget holiday. Hotel was great, sheets and towels were changed regulary, hotel food was good and hot, with plenty of variety kids loved the childrens buffett.

Hotel staff were fantastic joining in with the games and we even managed to get the waiters trousers off them! The staff were always working hard and smiling, these people did really long hours and i am surprised that they managed to keep a positive attitude. Night time entertainment was good.

Nice quite location no roudy 18-30\'s, which you dont need when you are on a family holiday, plenty of bars and restaurants around the resort.

The pool was cold but lovely when the weather is so hot, shame about certain families smoking and throwing cigarette ends in the baby pool and leaving their mess sround for ...
people to slip on. The hotel staff can only do so much to clean peoples mess up but we did see the lifeguard jumping in and cleaning the rubbish from the bottom of the pool.

Cant wait to return to Callao Salvaje, just a shame it wont be in that hotel as it is now been took over by Germans.

Aimee visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments in September 2005
First Impressions
My family and I had never been to Tenerife before, so we arrived at the resort not knowing what was around it. On arrival at the hotel, the staff at reception were very helpful and the rooms were clean and tidy.

Food/Resteraunt/Bar
As we were All Inclusive, all our food was included in the price. It was good, although there was not a lot of choice. The resteraunt was very clean, and the waiters made sure the tables were clean and cleared away dishes when they were finished with. Snacks, ice creams and drinks were available through until 23.45, except for ice cream which was not available after 20.00pm. Bar staff were also very friendly.

The resort was very quiet and small, with not a lot to do. There was a tiny beach, but it had a lot of rocks and ...
was not very nice. There were also a couple of English bars and some supermarkets along the village. A bus runs from the corner of the hotel to all the different resorts on the island. Also, there is an Excursions shop, if you want to book any trips. My family and I attended three trips - Aqualand, Jungle Park and Nashira Uno - all of which were very good.

Day and night entertainment were both good. Day entertainment was the same everyday and consists off Waterpolo, Bingo and a Quiz. During the night, it would start off with a childrens disco, and then there would be bingo, quizes, shows etc. The reps were all fantastic, especially Liam and Hayley.

Pool
The pool is very nice, but very impractical, as it is very deep even in the shallow end. However, it was always warm, and there were plenty of sunloungers and parasols around the pool

A very good hotel overall, but a very quite resort.

"holiday from hell"
Jason Humphries had a holiday at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Hotel, Callao Salvaje in September 2005
My friend and I stayed at this so called hotel it cost us 320 each ( I think this was 200 to much) it was the holiday from hell.

Firstly the rooms,they were dirty. Ill fitting lights plug sockets, the tv you have costs 1 euro per 30min ,the bath has never seen a clean (brown stains) The only thing good about the room was the shower which worked.

Now the food , I have never had such a pile of slop in my life , it was the same menu all week, which was always cold even the gravy. It was pasta or chips every day, the snacks consisted of raw hotdogs and burgers it was a disgrace.

The entertainment haha Butlins style bingo twice a day kids disco everyday water polo everyday. The only good thing ...
about entertainment was Hayley she has the most amazing voice she should be a singer.

The smell from watering the plants with recycled water stunk terriblly.

Overall I would recommend that if you have booked this hotel - cancel before its too late.

craig visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Hotel in September 2005
I travelled on the holiday with varied feelings having already read alot of negative reports on the hotel, but on arrival I found to my pleasant suprise that most of the report seemed to me to be unfounded.

The staff were friendly and very effient the rooms yes were of a basic standard but were clean and tidy.

The food was of a reasonable standard obviously catering for large groups of family visitors especially children (even children shouldnt eat chips every day).

I agree the the pool is very deep even in the shallows and i dont think i saw anyone clean the pool all week but then i didnt keep an eye on it 24 hours a day.

The pool area itself was nicely split into poolside areas and small grassed garden area.

The entertainment was ok but 3pm poolside bingo did start ...
to get to you after a week.

Finally I would like to say the the hotel is situated in a fairly nice and quiet area of Tenerife which was exactly what I wanted for a relaxing holiday but if you want a bit of night life Playa de las Americas would be more for you.

Chris hook had a holiday at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments in August 2005
This hotel is awful and I would not recommend anyone to go there.

We were told when we booked that this hotel would be 4 star plus, well it was not, it was only a 2 star.

The hotel cleanliness was none existent. I bet we had our beds made once while we were there. No cleaning of the toilet or bath or sweeping in the rooms. Our rooms was diabolical from start to finish, the front door would not lock, opened a cupboard and bare wires were touching the floor as there was not bottoms in any of the cupboards. A broken glass table, patio door would not shut properly let alone lock. Light switches were hanging off and wires showing there as well. Shower would not hang up.

Food was a repeat every day. Pigeons were landing on ...
the tables outside and mucking on the tables and dinner plates. I had to batter a cockroach about a dozen times to kill it near the eating area (it was massive). We did not eat there any more.

Hotel staff did not understand you very well, and the rep just loved the idea of performing on stage and not dealing with any bodies problems.

The pool area wasn't very clean the tiles were ingrained with muck.

The beer was watered down, the snacks were very limited.

Entertainment was fine but thats all I can say about this hotel as every thing else was deplorable.

Please don't go here...... save your money.......

Smith visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Hotel in July 2005
I went with reservations as I had read the reviews, I had a lovely time at this hotel. From the reception staff - the cleaners all were really polite, the rooms were basic but you only sleep there.

You are and so are the kids fully entertained till 11.45 every night, there are some amazing talents here (HAYLEY - VAN - LIAM) not to mention the evening shows which have something for all the family.

My son loved the kids club, Hyper Haley and Kicking Katie were amazing with the kids and I felt completely confident leaving him with them.

I would definately go here again for what it cost it is really worth every penny I would even pay more!!!

UNFORTUNATELY IT CHANGES NEXT YEAR SO IM TOLD TO 18-30 WHICH IS A SHAME AS IT WAS GREAT WELL DONE ALL.

Tour Operator: 1st Choice

Andy C visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments, Callao Salvaje, Spain in July 2005
Having paid just

Simpson visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Hotel in July 2005
We were pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel. We were in a one bedroom apartment on the first floor. We found this to be very spacious and in an ideal location. We had games room, trampoline and multi sport court just outside the front of the room which was perfect for the children.

We were particularly impressed with the food after reading various reviews, I imagine it may get a little repetitive if visiting for two weeks but as we were only there for one this was fine, there was always plenty of choice and the kids section was good too. Puddings were nice simple puddings such as jelly and various flavours of angel delight type there was always fruit available and most nights there was cake also.

The hotel staff there were great very conscientious ...
and always cleaning and clearing away.

Poolside was lovely there were generally always enough sunbeds available and if not there were always plenty of poolside tables and chairs.

Entertainment was ok and hotel entertainment staff were always organising something, they also run a two week entertainment programme which is good if there for two weeks. There were many teenagers there also when we were there and there seemed little for this age group to do. I was disappointed with the children\'s entertainment or lack of it, although there was a \"kids disco\" each evening this consisted of the two First Choice kids reps doing the same dance each evening and this showed on their faces! On the one night Hayley the main entertainer performed this for the kids and her enthusiasm was impeccable she has so much energy and this reflected onto the kids.

We were thoroughly disappointed with the First Choice kids club, as we had booked our holiday around this, all activities were only suitable for children under six and there were additional supplements for almost every session. We found our children got bored with the activities such as movie and munchies which consisted of the children sitting on bean bags watching an old movie on a portable TV in a hut eating crisps. Or sweetie party costing 3 euros and children were given about 8 sweets! One session had a supplement of 8 euros each and involved party games! Supplements are fine if you are pre-warned and if you can see value for money but activities were always held in a tiny hut, which is a shame as the facilities the reps have on hand are fantastic.

The reps were generally late for sessions and sessions were also cancelled or cut short on a few occasions.

If we were rating our holiday based on the hotel we would definitely give our holiday 5/5, however rating our holiday based on First Choice it would be 2/5! If another tour operator took over the contract with the hotel we would definitely visit again.

sue kotadia visited the Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Hotel in June 2005
Before we got to our hotel we had read up on the reviews and wondered what we were getting our selves into. In our opinion it wasn't as bad as people were saying.

We arrived and got checked in by friendly staff very quickly, we then made our way to our rooms which were basic but clean.

Around the hotel the pool is large but deep, the shallow side is 5ft but a life guard was always present and helpful.

The food wasn't that bad and there were not flies all over it, the entertainment we thought was good and catered for all the team Hayley, Van, and Beatrice did a realy good job and got every body joining in, drinks got very strong as the nights went on, if you are middle class people I think it can be ...
a holiday to be enjoyed the only complaint I have is unruley children running about till all hours and some parents not bothering about this.

Leyther stayed at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments Hotel in June 2005
Like others the reports I read was a little worrying, but we have no complaints at all about the Ocean Club in Callao Salvaje.

The rooms were clean.

The staff were excellent.

A nice pool and a quiet area.

We had a car for the two weeks so we got the best of both worlds going to Las Americas and Los Cristianos beaches then being able to have a quiet drink around Callao Salvaje and the hotel in the evenings.

We went all inclusive and the food was also excellent, lots of variety. Anyone who complains about the food there must be looking for problems!

The entertainment wasn't really for us but my daughter enjoyed it, and they did vary the entertainment each night.

We would definitely visit this hotel again.

Laural had a holiday at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments in June 2005
We stayed at Ocean Club in June this year. All I can say is PLEASE DON'T GO it's awful.

It's clean but the food, entertainment, location and staff are awful, its like a concentration camp when you pull up outside. We were glad to go home!

Tour Operator: my travel

tan adams had a holiday at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments, Callao Salvaje, Spain in May 2005
After reading the reviews on this site we were a little worried about what we would find when we arrived at Ocean Club, but after getting there we saw that we had nothing to be worried about and that anybody who had any complaints must have been picky whingers.

The hotel rooms were spotless. As we travelled with a large group we had the oppurtunity to see four different rooms and each was as tidy as the next. The rooms were cleaned every day and the maids didn't touch a thing that they weren't meant to. I even left some money by the side of the bed intending the maid to take it as a tip, but it was still there when I got back. The only downside was the fact that they didn't change the towels, but you could rinse ...
them in the sink and hang them out on the balcony, they were dry in a couple of hours.

The food was excellent. I'm vegetarian and well known for being a very picky eater, but I always found something enjoyable to eat. They had the same salads every day, but the choice of hot food changed. The deserts were lovely and everything was home-made. There were a few flies but nowhere near the food, and when the weather is that hot what do you expect?

If you wanted to, you could go to Ocean Club and not spend a thing, but if you wanted to eat out, there is an excellent choice of restaurants just down the road. There are a lot of bars nearby, but they are close enough to walk to and far enough away to ensure that the noise doesn't reach you. There is a money exchange just down the street where you can change your money and book excusions, and you are right next to the doctors, although thankfully we didn't need it. If you want to go somewhere a little more lively, the hotel runs free bus trips, and there is a taxi rank nearby.

The staff were lovely people. Our rep was easy to get along with and even came out for a drink with us.

The restaurant staff were very efficient, the plates were cleared and the table cleaned almost immediately, and although some of them didn't speak very much English, they always did their best to make you feel welcome. The bar staff were just as good. Infact, everybody was very friendly and nothing seemed to be too much trouble for them.

The entertainers had something for everybody. The evening began with some mild entertainment that the kids could enjoy too and later on things were aimed more at adults. The singers were very talented, and the entertainers that were bought in were brilliant.

The daytime entertainment could have been better but I mostly just wanted to lounge by the pool (the shallow end is a bit deep and you might not be comfortable if you are a non swimmer)

Just a few tips. There is a girl on the corner giving out scratchcards, don't get suckered in, she makes you feel at ease by insisting from the start that it's not timeshare, but it later becomes evident that it is, it\'ll be a big waste of time if you take any notice.

Don't change your money at the hotel, the money exchange down the road gives a much better exchange rate and is also much cheaper for booking excursions (the Sunday market in Los Cristianos is a great day out).

I think that about sums it up so take no notice of the negative reviews on this site and just enjoy your holiday like we did!

Tour Operator: first choice

Nathan stayed at Pearly Grey Ocean Club Apartments, Callao Salvaje, Spain in May 2005
I just like to stay Halye and Van are very good at there jobs dont let the review let you down.

The entertainmentis very very very good the hotel staff are very good.Halye she is a star when Van is off for the day. Well done to Halye and Van for the entertainment...